As an outdoorsy guy, can I ask this in my dating profile?

I wrote: "I like girls who know how to dress warm and own a pair of snow pants!"

Is this a turnoff or will this help me attract a girl who isn't afraid of going for walks? I live in a city so I get a lot of girls who can't dress for the weather.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not a turn off. its kinda cute.

Thanks! I love going on outdoor walks on dates (with hot chocolate!). Last year I went on a few and each time she complained of being cold. It's actually hard to find a girl who knows how dress warm!

Maybe next time bring an extra jacket...

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say what you like more specifically instead of broadly. They may not understand what you mean (you want to go outside with someone). The reason I say that is because I bet there are girls that would like walking with you but don't want to wear snow pants. They may like sweatpants or something like that. Plus saying you want them to know how to dress warm sounds nit picky to me. I would say your interests instead of what you want them to do. If you want to stress something as important, I would say something like how it's important for you to enjoy time outdoors with your girl or whatever.

Thanks for the solid advice. The reason I'm specific is that I did some online dating last winter and my go to date is hot chocolate and a walk in the park and you wouldn't believe how many complained about being cold. Nothing against that, but it's just not what I'm looking for.

Them being able to tolerate coldness doesn't matter at all actually, as long as they can dress the part!

They just underestimated the cold. You could bring them a scarf and hat or something like that to anticipate them being cold. They may even like that a lot.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds fine.

• Lol I don't know but you're not my type

What Guys Said 2

• The purpose is to act as a filter to inform city girls to not waste her (and your) time. It will also attract the few country girls living in the city who can't stand the city guys.

I think you could do better on the choice of words. It isn't clear on what you are trying to say you like to do, then put in a teaser, that there is a warm fire and a blanket at the end of the day.

• It's unusual to be sure, but I can't say I would label it a turn off