How do I approach any girl as a shy guy?

I'm a 14 year old decent-looking guy and I make a lot of eye contact with girls but somehow can't approach them and talk to them. Today I went to the cinema and this cute girl happened to sit next to me, I saw her moving her hand close to mine, I didn't quite know what that meant so I just moved mine closer but it got at a point where her hand touched mine and it was a bit awkward, but we stayed at that position for the rest of the movie. After the movie finished we had to go the same way and I had the chance to go talk to her, but my brain somehow denied it, which is very frustrating! Any advices?

What Girls Said 1

• Relationships at the beginning are awkward. I think that may be your dilemma. Just try to enjoy yourself. Let it happen

What Guys Said 2

• Just push through the shyness. Almost everyone is shy at some point. The best bet is to just go out to places where you likely won't see people again (shopping centers, parks) and practice talking to girls. Not flirting just like walking up and talking about random shit. The first few times you will be nervous but hey, if you fuck up and look weird you will never see them again anyway. After a while of just talking to tons of random girls about anything you become more comfortable and soon enough you will be able to approach those girls you are actually interested in without the sweaty palms and nervousness.

• Get over it. And there's really only one way you can do that. Just put on your man pants, go up to a girl, and start talking to her. Then do it again, and again, and again, and again. Eventually you'll get over your approach anxiety and be able to approach and talk to women without coming off as a nervous wreck.