Why do girls hit on me when I'm in a relationship but not when I'm single?

Every time a girl has hit on me in the past, I was already in a relationship. But when I'm single, nope. Why does this happen? Do I just have bad luck?

Most Helpful Girl

• doesn't have to be, I am often much more nice and playful w guys in relationship cause I don't have to worry them falling for me since they are in the relationship
    Can't to that w single guys cause they would want something more w me while I don't, so I keep distance...

Uh, people get attracted all the time despite being in relationships. Especially men. Its not a good idea to tease them.

I know but I'm like that w guys I know are good and faitful to their girl, I like to be friends w guys but it's hard for them to be friend w me and see me as nothing else than a female -.-'
      also I have never lead a guy on and they would never think I want anything w them cause I don't. When they are single they often think that if I'm friendly that I want something w them... they would interpret it as flirting but I would just be friendly

Most Helpful Guy

• According to some pseudo science shit I've read, when you're in love with somebody you give off pheromones, and pheromones play a key role in attraction.

Or yeah, maybe you just have shit luck

What Girls Said 2

• I think its just from jealousy. They're jealous that you're spending time with another girl and want to take your attention off her, but when you're single, there's no-one to get jealous about and therefore they aren't going to hit on you because they don't feel jealous anymore.

• Girls just like to be messy tbh

What Guys Said 1

• in my opinion, people want what they can't have. Kinda like when someone says you can't have cake and then all you can think about is cake. 😄