I feel like I'm forced to watch everyone else enjoy close relationships and I can't get one?

Anyone else felt this way, any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I dont know about you but I would be living it up if I was you. You are 17!! you have 60 years to get a SO. Socialise , have fun, love being you and you will attract people to you. One of them is bound to take a liking to you. Good luck and enjoy your freedom while you have it!

What Girls Said 10

• SAME. I hate how picky i am but if i dont have that mixture of interest and lust i just dont bother. Which sucks because i have met some awesome guys but none that are a challenge and thats my problem haha

• Being 17 is awful anyway but close relationships wreak havoc on the emotions. It might be better to wait to have one later?

• Ditto

• You're not forced. Stop being melodramatic.

• I know how you feel.

• yup emptiness

Emptiness is the ultimate truth. And it's not just for relationships or lack of relationships. Nothing truly lasts forever and stays the same, and eventually everyone and everything will cease to exist regardless of who they are, what they have, what they did or not did, what they owned, whom they knew or whomever knew them and tragedies and tragic horrible things happen unexpectedly in this world, etc., etc.

I feel that everything we do is just futile attempts at trying to fill or deny that emptiness and void that really can't be filled or denied. Though some people found comfort and peace through either spirituality, meditation or religion, or any combination of those 3. Othetwise they may seek lots of alcohol, drugs, having casual sex and flings frequently and various other addictions harmful or otherwise. Or they may just learn to accept it is part of this reality and do the best they could with what they can and are still able to do as that us all they really can do.

@JudgmentDay And in the end, nothing of all that really mattered. You can try hard and go as far as you will but the final results will always remain the same.

• I know how you feel
    I miss my man he's really far away from me but I know that we can be together so I keep my hope alive

And you? Are you in a LDR or are you single and cannot have a gf?

• I don't feel like I'm forced but I did use to feel left out. In all honesty I dont want a relationship that badly or else I'd try harder and overcome some of the fears of rejection and trust issues I have

• This hit me right in the feels

• Yea, tell me about it. And I'm like 10 years older than you

What Guys Said 10

• I've been single throughout my entire life, once I realized the "truth" I really stopped caring about it all, no envy or jealousy, no feeling bitter about it or angry and neither do I even feel sad about it anymore.

Although I have Many Other things I'm MORE UPSET, MORE BITTER, MORE ANGRIER about than merely being chronically single for very very long. Don't be fooled by my age displayed on my profile, as I'm actually about twice as old in real life.

Once I realized the advantages I have being single I eventually and completely stopped caring and just decide that life's way too fucking short, and therefore I learned and realized that it is MUCH BETTER to enjoy whatever time and moments I have left in this world without giving a flying fuck about anyone else and anything else that I don't need to or have to, while I still can, as it won't be forever and last forever and eventually it's going to be lights out forever!

@Unit1 you want to add anything to this question?

No offense your right but I'm younger and that's my goal for now

K fam, I enjoyed the conversation

You know, it's a situation where we say "The grass is greener on the other side", meaning you can be unhappy with or without a relationship. That entirely depends on you. This gets me on a semi level.

JudgmentDay is right once again. It's good to realize, that nothing you do really matters aside from your personal joy and survival that is or things, that you see a real purpose in.

• I have always felt like this -__-

• Look pure honesty it's your fault you're feeling this way if you want to find a girlfriend, be in a relationship go out and get one just be confident and relaxed when doing so. Why be miserable when you can improve that yourself? Confidence my friend.

• No but I feel like my dating pool is potentially forced by my parents, which is very sad.
    But I am rebellious. It's my life after all.

• Fuck relationships in high school anyways, you have much more to look forward to. You know what I learned? Relationships in high school barely last sadly.

• You are only 17. Relax.
    I could almost not get a date until I was on the wrong side of 30. 😎

• Life is a bitch sometimes. Just go out and do something about it

• Define close relationship, I'll Ike boyfriend and girlfriend or BFF or family?

Bff and girlfriend, I'm unable to have both

True, k thanks fam :-)

Best plan for you now is to invite them to see a movie then just go grab lunch, get to know them and find out what they like to do. And talk about a next meet during the meet once everything is going naturally. (-^-^-)/ use this method with a girl you are on a date with to make a second daterm more obvious and less awkward.

• I felt this way and constantly sought advice. Now, I am the love interest of several females. My trick: you will just have to wait your turn. I always say, the more bad things happen, the more good things will come.

• I've felt this way too. If I knew how to fix it, I'd tell you.