Does this mean he's not interested?

i asked a guy out through text (the only way we really communicate) and he still hasn't answered. I made it super casual. It shows he's seen it and that was just over an hour ago. It's fine if he's not interested but at least tell me so instead of making me wait and feel like a complete idiot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mind games. If he wants to and cares he'll reply. You'll only feel worse wanting for a reply and never getting one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes he's not interested. First of all the fact that you had to ask him out doesn't look too good. If you were his dream girl you probably wouldn't have to make the first move, I'm just saying. Secondly, the only way u communicate is through text? So he don't call you? Yeah that tells me all I need to know.

hey you asked him out, that was brave and showed you had guts. you just asked it the wrong guy. weve all been there. just ignore his texts from here on out and find a guy who likes u a lot

Well it was a text message but through social media. I unfortunately don't have his number. I get your point about how I had to be the one to ask, but the way I see it, it's 2016. If I like a guy I'm not gonna sit around and hope he asks first, why should we as women do that? Just cause it's "the norm"? psshhht. That's old fashioned lol

Thanks, I am pretty straight up and honest because I feel that's best. Rather fuck with the truth than make love to a lie.

My opinion on asking out a guy first is this: If he wants to date u, he's gonna ask you out. Guys that like you are gonna hurry up and try to get with you because they dont want anyone else to scoop you up. So I'm not saying it was a terrible thing that u asked him, but the fact that if you hadn't have asked him, would he have asked u? However instead of dwelling on that i'm sure you will find a better guy than him. a real man would have just kept it real with you and not even led u on to begin with

Yes you're very right! Thank you again 😊

What Guys Said 2

• Call. That's what phones are for...

• Let me take his time. You need not be anxious and worry about it. If he wants to go, he'll tell, or else just move on.

What Girls Said 2

• How long have you known the guy? how long have the two of you been talking?

Almost 6 months we talk once in a while he's not someone I just met

Either he is nervous to meet or he isn't interested.

• Sometimes this can mean that a guy is not interested but other times it means he might be a little shy or maybe even scared to answer. I wouldn't say that he means to say no until he answers. Your best bet is to wait a day or two then ask if what you did made him uncomfortable or something like that.