I feel trapped in my loneliness but it's a little complicated...

I'm not sure what has happened over the past year or so, but lately I've been feeling very lonely. I'm a 24 year old girl and I'm currently trying to finish up my grad studies which requires me to stuck in a room in front of my laptop for hours on end studying and typing up reports, but I am really tired of feeling this way because I really cannot *do* anything about it. I have my friends, yes, but I really don't have time to date anyone and worse no one really likes me (so I guess that makes things easier lol).

How do I get out of this rut? I was much better off a few years ago when I could care less about such social matters...

Most Helpful Guy

• No one likes you? How do you know that if you've been sitting in front of a laptop all the time? I'm sure once you put yourself out there you'll find someone who likes you. Summer is coming and it'll be over soon.

If you do nothing but work all day of course you're going to feel like crap. If you want to enjoy time alone you need a hobby or just something to be passionate about. That's actually my problem. I have so many things I enjoy doing that I get sucked into it and I lose out on a social life.

I know you're busy but it's a good idea to get up and go for a walk once in a while. You're not a machine and you can't just study 24/7. Maybe take your laptop to the park and work outside. Just getting some sunlight and some fresh air will help you feel better. If you spend a lot of time inside it can turn you into Gollum lol so know when to take a break. Plus you're at a university so I'm sure there's always lots of guys on campus to talk to. Are you in res? If so, even better! No guy in the right mind would be annoyed at having a girl strike up a conversation with him.

What Guys Said 1

• Its simple,.. All study without play makes Mellie a dull girl. In the mix of ur studies catch little fun via the net.

make some long distance friends online and have some erotic chat or cam chat that could take away stress from you.

In due season someone somewhere will like you and accept you the way you are.

Good luck

What Girls Said 1

• You're almost done with graduate school, congratulations first of all!

But now to your problem, I think you should dedicate your time to academic studies, but that doesn't mean you need to put yourself in solitary confinement. Unless you absolutely need quiet to study and do work, you should go out in public on campus.

You'll be more accessible and guys will be more likely to approach you. Try sitting in the public library, not in a corner, but out in the open so you appear to be approachable, once again. Or try visiting the campus cafe where you can get work done and at the same time be around people and snag a potential date.

At your age I think it's a pretty safe assumption that you know how to interact with guys, so I'm not going to coach you there.

But basically what it boils down to is try putting yourself out there, not holing up in your room for days and days. No wonder you feel lonely.

Good luck.