Do I look desperate travelling to see him?

So I am debating if I want to do this, I think I'm more afraid of what people will think. I have dated guys in my vicinity and other then 1 serious relationship, I have yet to find someone I click w/. I met this guy online (we have been talking for a month), at 1st I didn't think anything of it, but once we started skyping, I really clicked w/him. We spend hours talking on Skype and text back and forth everyday. He doesn't have the means to come out and see me, since I am flexible, I am planning to go out and see him. I fly in for a day (he lives in another city) and fly out that night. We were planning on going to an amusement park and no time during this meet will I be alone w/just him. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Showing effort doesn't mean you're desperate. It's interested how you girls tend to want to be chased. I guess that's why you'd want the guy to pay for the dates.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would this look desperate? Unless you mean because he doesn't have the means to come out and see you? That is not good. If someone does not have the financial capability to handle a long distance relationship (LDR) I can see questioning if they can handle a LDR or even a relationship in general.

As for it it can work and is an LDR desperate? I personally don't think so but then again I am in a relationship with a man that started as an LDR.

What we did and I have heard others do is when in a LDR, one person pays the expense to get there and the other person pays all other expenses. So if you fly to see him, then when you are there, he pays for your experiences. I find this equitable and fair. And then eventually, someone has to decide to move. At some point, it can no longer be a LDR and it needs to be relationship.

You have to decide if that is worth it to you. Only you know that and not your friends. Your friends may be biased against LDRs but many friends use to be bias against internet dating so what does your friend's bias even mean? Nothing!

You need to decide if this is worth it to you. Only you can decide if you are doing an LDR because someone likes you or because it is someone that you really like. Only you know that and can understand if it is worth it or not.

What Guys Said 4

• Desperate? No, but silly all the same. You don't really know him... there must be people you have actually SEEN that interest you, no?

• If u both agreed then no u won't look desperate. Go have a good time if possible spend the night and go next morning. Have good sex

Dats all I have to say

• Not at all. I guess you're really giving this a shot

• Yeah, that reeks of desperation.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah. U won't look desperate.