I want to be more opened with him but it's hard. What can I do?

There's a guy that likes me a lot and I'm still suprised he hasn't given up on me. I like as much as well but afraid I'll hurt him. I've been screwed over so much in my life that I've gotten a habit of pushing people away when I feel that I'm getting to attached. I have so much mixed emotion I don't even know what I'm feeling. He tells me we have to try to communicate better but I don't know how. If I'm having a bad day, I lie so he won't feel down. I'm not much of a emotional person I just keep everything to myself and he tells me it frustrates him. I want to open up more but I don't know how. I feel like if I do that people will use whatever against me or make me feel even worst. What can I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Stop lying and stop being afraid that you are going to hurt someone with the truth. They are adults too and are no more fragile than you are. I ruined a very good relationship because I couldn't open up. It's a vicious cycle. He is frustrated because he wants to truly know you. You are scared of being rejected. But since you won't allow him to see the real you, you can never feel truly loved. Be brave. After ruining a relationship with a lovely woman, I eventually met someone else and really opened up about my feelings. So far it's been almost nine great years.

• I not know you. But the soul reason I broke up with my girlfriend, was she was never open, never trusted , never took into account my worries or concerns. After a year and a half I got tired of trying when the other person didn't care. So I walked away. . He could do the same if you don't straighten up.

What Girls Said 1

• You cannot live your life in fear. You need to be open with him, let him know what bothers you and what doesn't. Tell him that you have a hard time opening up to people but with him you will try to put in more effort. And then actually put in that effort. Practice, its okay. Sometimes its ok to rely on others for comfort.