Is there a way I can make my ex boyfriend care about me/miss me?

We broke up about 2 weeks ago because he felt as though we lived too far away from eachother (30 minute drive but I'm 16 and he'll be 17 in December so neither of us can drive yet) and because he was too busy with work, he works 6-4 on weekdays because he's doing an apprenticeship and 7-5 on Saturdays at his other job. I used to go up every Sunday afternoon/night and some days after work for him on Fridays or Saturday's. Ever since we broke up we've been talking normally every day over snapchat and I called him the other day for a little chat but it was fairly normal and it didn't seem any different to normal. I feel like it's really obvious that I miss him and want to get back together but he seems to feel fine and I don't think he misses me at all, I really doubt he'd want to get back together with me too. He's been working and hanging out with his friends a lot as normal so he doesn't have a lot of time to really miss me anyway. He messes around sometimes and says things like "I was going to ask you if you wanted to hang out but you're being annoying", he wouldn't have asked anyway but I don't know what that means. He's always sending me mixed signals and I nearly went up to visit him today after school/work but my friend convinced me it was a terrible idea and I'd just "end up getting attached again" but she doesn't know I'm still attached because I try not to talk about how much it all sucks to my friends much. They all just think I'm fine and continuing with life normally but I'm constantly thinking about him. I don't want to sound cocky but I don't understand how he couldn't regret it, he used to always talk about how perfect I was and all his friends used to tell him that he was punching and that I'm way too good for him and he used to say pretty much the same thing to me, it just doesn't make sense that he wouldn't regret it now.

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest I feel like you want him to miss you for the wrong reason, almost like you want him to feel a sense of regret in order to feel secure about yourself because you're surprised how he could have ended it so easily without any regret, but I may be wrong.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't worry about it because his friends seemed to think you were a great catch! :)

What Girls Said 1

• There is no way to make anyone miss you.