My ex broke up with me 2 months ago bit now he's being so horrible and mean to me? Why is he like this? We were together 7years. any advice?

I need help- my boyfriend of 7 years broke it off 2 months ago, he broke up with me over a text, and never contacted me again. Off course I was sad depressed confused and miserable without him, as the weeks went on I contacted him to get my belongings back so I went down to his and he gave them to me. He was okay with me asking me loads of questions about me and how I was. He wasn't very nice in his text to me when he dumped me so I was surprised he was even OK with me. The next day I was really upset after seeing him so I texted him and asked him could we ever meet up and talk? His reply was'nah don't think that's ever going to happen' I was hurt and I told him I missed and loved him he said ' it's better for us to not be together' he said he still loved me, I asked him ' is there anything I can do to change your mind please. he said yeah'Get the fu*k over me' I seen on Facebook he uploaded a picture of him and his female friend ( one I never met he wouldn't let me meet her) i said it to him about the picture and he said' I was considering taking you back but now you can fu*k off you ruined your chance yet again by annoying me with my picture of me and my FRIEND.' He was saying 'leave me alone I want you gone out of my life right now your annoying me, idon't mean forever but this moment go' he also said ' it's your own fault for being heartbroken over me sitting there' I said please don't be like this with me, he said ' well stop giving me reasons to be HARSH to you!!!' ( he was mean and angry during our relationship and I always ran back to him tho, now I do regret it I let him treat me like that) so anyways I said okay. And never text him back and he never texted me back. The week before he broke up with me , he stayed with his female friend all day and I was waiting for him to come see me. When I asked him about it he went absolutely crazy and was saying 'leave my friend alone I'll see her if I want' then week later he dumped me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, no offence hun but he seems like an ass. He did you favor by breaking up with you. Who breaks up with someone over a text? And his attitude towards you was just vile, there so reason for him to act that way towards you at all. From what I'm getting this guy carelessly dropped you and the relationship most likely because of this other girl. The week before he dumped you he spent all day with her and went you asked about he went nuts over it? Yeah when a guy gets that defensive over you asking a simple question, he's obvious hiding something and is feeling nervous or guilty about it. If this guy truly love you, he wouldn't have broken the relationship off so abruptly. 7 years with someone and you just end like that with no explanation and then you treat them like garbage? Girl you are way better off.. its better that you found out how really felt about you now then a couple more years down the road.

Seems like he was just there for the ride, then when someone else suddenly came along.. he's like "o well here's my stop.. this was fun but gotta go."

Thanks so much for writing back. All your advise is really helping me right by reading it. It makes me feel like I'm not alone right now. Thank you, I have some clarity now I think he was obviously seeing her.. he got defensive about her all the time wouldn't let me meet her.. always stood up for her more then me.. rushed to the hospital during the night for her.. and never done that for me. He obviously lost his feelings months ago but why did he say ' I do still love you' the best thing for me bow is to disappear from him I think xx

Men say things they don't necessarily mean all the time. He probably said out of guilt or didn't want you to start getting worry or suspicious of him. I'm happy I was able to help, yep his action speak louder than words.. when a guy does all that for another girl and not his girlfriend instead, he obviously doesn't care that much about her. Anyways I wish you the best of luck, and look on the bright side.. at least you didn't marry the jerk. Enjoy being single and finding yourself again.. and when the time comes you find someone else who's just perfect you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Classic user/abuser. Hang on you for years sucking you dry until they find a younger model. SO sorry you fell victim to this cretin. Move on. He's no good for you.

Take some time for you. You may need time to heal after someone like that. I'm not just talking about "getting over him". He may have caused some deeper psychological trauma after such abusive treatment. What with all the revolving door crap, and that push and pull of nice and mean, it can condition you to normalize it so that you won't run from him until he is ready to toss you aside. He was just trying to keep you around long enough to know for sure he had her.

• I think he is just all over the place, long relationships do tend to make you unleash after a breakup. I think you need to relax and ignore him for a while, space will only be best in this situation. x

• He sounds like a huge toddler.

• I'm really sorry you went through that hun. But the fact he's really defensive about that girl, the uploading pics and ditching you for her the day before he ended it sounds like there's more going on with her than he's telling you...

yep. thats probably why he broke the relationship off so suddenly. She probably told him she wants to be with him and he realized he wanted to be with her, now he's acting like an ass towards his ex to make her hate him and distance herself even further from him so he can have a relationship with his new girl without any complications.