Is height so important to a girl?

I'm 1.73 metres (5'8).
I like a girl who is 1.78 (5'10)
There is another dude in the picturesque is 1.8 (5'11).
She always makes a brief eye contact with him and I feel like she always try to get his attention.
When I talk to her.., she talks to me nicely but doesn't try much to keep the conversation going.
Is it just height?

• If you and that dude are similar in terms of looks, she will chose that guy.
  • Dude, height is really important to girls. A girl will always chose a tall guy over a short one.
  • Others (pls explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are simply drawn to height. It doesn't mean we don't like shorter guys or would never fall for one. If she likes that other guy she has more reasons than just his height alone. It's pointless to be insecure about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women in the main want tall guys because tall guys are seen as protectors, they are seen as masculine and strong men, so women get super excited about height.

I'm a short guy and a vast majority of women will write me off because I'm not masculine enough because I'm short, I can't protect her etc (though it's not my job to protect a fully grown woman, she's an adult and should look after herself) but I attract women, I am not insecure about my height and I even attract taller women than me. I'm 5'5 and I have attracted women as tall as 5'9/5'10.

Tall men have an advantage but remember taller doesn't always mean stronger or better. Go and ask Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito about the hiding they took from a much smaller man in the name of Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao, a little 5'6 Filipino.

What Girls Said 4

• For me personally, I probably wouldn't date someone who is overly shorter than me but I am not a tall girl. I know I do prefer a guy who is a little taller than me just because that is adorable... but with your difference in height I don't feel it would matter too much. It honestly depends on her preferences.

• yes, it's quite important, but I used to reject a tall guy coz I'm not interested to him. so, it's a subjective

• As long as he's 5'9 and up it doesn't matter.
    I'm 5'6 . It's somehow important. I don't want a man to be shorter than me :/

• It doesn't matter, it's just a number. Even though I like taller guys, there's nothing wrong with shorter ones!

What Guys Said 1