Do guys put girls through "Shit Tests" too?

I've been dating this guy for like a little under 2 months. He's a bit different, but I like him anyway. Tonight I offered to take him to Dairy Queen and I would pay (21st Century female lol) and we both ordered and as soon as he got his he's like "Thank you, now I need to go to my study group", I was like O. O "You can't be serious..." and he had this little smirk on his face and then he left me there by myself. so i just threw my stuff away and left. He did say earlier he had to go to his group but it's like he doesn't mind being late for me but for other people it's okay. What is he doing and what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't go to Dairy Queen when you know he has an appointment that he can't miss.

I feel bad for you, but this is part of couplehood - planning around each other's schedule. Still, he did seem a bit rude about it; what he should have done is take a raincheck for the DQ but accept any ride to go to where he had to go. Later, you could have DQ together and you wouldn't have wasted that Blizzard. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do. Although I don't know what the hell just happened to you.

What Guys Said 6

• Aww that's sucks. The idea of a girl buying me Dairy Queen is soo cute 😍

• Sounds like a jerk. If you wanna play games then I think he's your guy. If you offered to buy me DQ, I would at least have the decency to tell you "I'll have to eat quickly, remember my study group?" I came from another generation so this may be how young "boys" treat women nowadays. Good luck, you seem like a nice young lady!!

• Seems like he thought you'd ask him to stay or something. He was just teasing you, just tease him back.

I did ask him to stay, and he left.

Damn that he means he's an ass. Got some free ice cream and attention then left.

• If you doubt someone's capacity to stay in a relationship, what would you prefer to do?

A. Quit the relationship all together.
    B. Test them to see if they really can overcome it.

Test them lol

Now that you mention it i do it to some degree. Are you supposed to stand up to that type of behavior or just keep your cool? Like how do you pass the tests?

I think that per se it isn't bad. What could be bad is choosing a person who you aren't really into them, then start pulling their leg.

• Spit in his ice cream

• WTF!

That's horrible... "Shit Test" or not... you deserve way better!

Don't you want a guy who would appreciate that? and be honest with you?

Don't put up with crap like that!

I feel so bad... I can imagine how sad you felt at DQ, just getting rid of your Ice Cream and leaving like that...

Is that how you want to feel time and time again?

No!

What Girls Said 0