How can I get him to step his game up?

I like a guy I work with and I'm pretty sure he likes me, but he has yet to ask me to hang out or anything, although he had hinted a few times such as asking me what time I got off work, or asked me what I do after work (this was before I actually liked him). He doesn't really talk to other girls I work with half as much as me, so I definitely do think he likes me. And I'm kind of too shy to ask him to hang out, plus he's always around his friends at work. And now we're only working 1 day together, compared to like 4-5 days before. I figured today he would had approached me, knowing he hasn't seen me in like 4 days and will only be working one day with me, but we didn't even get to talk much today. I've only been working with him for about 3 weeks, so I don't know if he's still trying to get comfortable with me.

What can I do to get him to step his game up? Can I even do anything, or just wait and hope?

What Guys Said 1

• If this guy is shy, you could be waiting for a long time or miss out on the opportunity to get to know him better. Something that I think may work for you is for you to purposely position yourself somewhere that he is in order to get him to notice you and then make it seem as though you are just running into him there. Then you can strike up a conversation without it being as awkward. Continue doing this for a little while and then one day, when you are going somewhere after work, casually bring it up and ask him if he wants to go along. There's less chance of rejection if you make it seem natural and casual because you won't be putting him or yourself on the spot. That's just one thought. I'm sure there are other ways of approaching him.

• Honestly, I don't even know the kind of places he hangs at/goes to. I know he hangs out with his friends a lot and goes to their houses, but that's about all I know.

• Oh, I definitely do that.. believe me. haha Like he's always working drive thru, so I always walk over to the pop machine to get something to drink, even if I'm not always thirsty. One time he was like, "is this all you do at work?" haha I'm sure he's catching on.

• Cool - good for you - just make sure you don't miss any opportunities to let him know that you like him!

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him out. Or, if you're uncomfortable with that, ask him to hang out at least. Shy guys can be great in relationships, but you've got to help them a bit in the early stages.