How Much Weight Does Your SO Have To Gain Before You Leave Them?

How Much Weight Does Your SO Have To Gain Before You Leave Them?Say you have an SO that is the right size currently. How much weight, in body fat, does your SO have to gain before you say enough is enough and you leave?

• 10-20lbs
  • 21-40lbs
  • 41-60lbs
  • 61-80lbs
  • 81lbs-100lbs
  • 101-125lbs.
  • Anything over 125 is too much/Other
2mo I find it interesting that women are more tolerant about weight than men are... well, according to this poll anyway lol

Most Helpful Guy

• No set weight. People add weight differently. I'm 5'4" and I think I look more or less the same (went from a 29 waist to 31 / 32 waist) at 145lbs vs. 125 lbs. I'm still trying to figure out "can those 20 lbs really be in those 2-3 inches?

You've also got height to consider.

If it's noticeable, I'd approach the subject VERY carefully since being at the s/o "stage" kinda implies I've had time to get to know her on the inside as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess it depends on their reasoning behind WHY they gained the weight. sometimes its a health issue. sometimes its laziness or depression or just the lack of giving a crap.

What Guys Said 7

• Anything over 40 lbs is a bit of a quitter for me.

How do you gain 40 lbs with me right here?
    I could understand if we separated for a while and she came back fatter.
    40 lbs DURING a relationship?
    Because I'm going to say something after 10 lbs.
    And the rest is just 30 lbs of spite.

• IF they gain a lot of weight, something is wrong with them, and I'd insist they get help from someone qualified, such as a psychologist.

• I voted C) because that'd be pretty bad I think

• it really depends on why she gained so much weight and if she is willing to change it

• I voted 40-60 lbs

• Anything over 125 is too much

• As long as Mr Dickus can reach his burrow, it's all good.

What Girls Said 15

• I'm actually surprised by the comments... And you wonder why people have an ED.

My boyfriend has been heavy most of his life but he is the best thing that ever happened to me.

I'm a 5"1 18 year old female I weigh 123lb BMI says I should weigh from 95-110lb

My man weighs in the lower 200 and he is 6"4 I don't give a shit what BMI says he should be. My father thinks I could do better than the guy I'm with. But takeaway I don't have to worry about him being drunk a decking me in the face like my father has.

I think I'm fat by my boyfriend hates it when I say that. He doesn't say anything but kind words to me, he loves me. And if you are in a relationship for the looks only, then you are looking in the wrong place.

• If we're married I wouldn't leave him. I will help him lose the weight but I won't leave him even if he gains 150 lbs.

• I wouldn't leave but I voted 80-100 on the basis that that's when I'd start to see a problem and want to make and effort with them to get both of us healthier.

• I dunno there wasn't an "I wouldn't leave them for gaining weight" option.

• I would leave him if he gained between 41-60lbs, that amount would put him at 200 pounds.

• My boyfriend is close to my weight, he's 130 while I'm 120, so he can afford to gain 100 without looking too massive xD if the question were reversed (we already discussed this LOL) he said he'd probably stop being *attracted* if I gained 40 or more.

• I would never leave someone I truly loved for gaining weight. this is the most shallow question I've ever read

People actually do it though. The question isn't shallow, but there are people who will leave their SO because of their weight.

• I wouldn't leave him. I would help him lose weight if the weight gain became excessive.

• Over like 25 kg.

• I wouldn't leave based on their looks, only why and if they wouldn't try to become healthy

• 41-60

• didn't see the last answer but that's my answer.

• It depends why they gained so much weight 🙄

Uh, well, I did say of fat and usually fat gain isn't caused by a medical condition. Eating right can change your weight no matter what condition it is, just may be a bit harder... so...

It is. I actually only asked the question because I hear men say that they want a certain size woman but women just seemed to be more accepting about size overall. And judging from the polls, I wasn't wrong lol

Hahahh ahh I see 😂

• Shame on you men who voted 10-20! 10 pounds on a girl is practically nothing. 20 is just a little cushion.

It was humorous to see the overwhelming majority of men voting for this answer, though!

• I'd say anything that puts them at an unhealthy weight or morbidly obese is too much. Overweight is fine, and slightly obese is alright, but I can't date anyone that's unable to walk or stand because of their weight. Also being unable to do simple things like clean the house is a deal breaker. If they weigh 300+ lbs (and it isn't muscle), then I would help them lose it or break up with them.