Have you ever had a relationship with someone who is on drugs?

I like a guy, but he smokes marijuana everyday.
Is not my intention to change his mind, but is something that I don't agree.
He has taken as well LSD, mushrooms, cocaine and many other types of drugs but he says his favourite one is marijuana and he thinks drugs are not bad.
He goes to work everyday and apparently have a "normal" lifestyle, but I'm afraid things wouldn't work because we don't think the same way or maybe later I would find out other kind of rare behaviours.

I don't have friends on drugs and I have never been so close to someone with this situation. I don't know what to think. I am confused.

Please excuse my English grammar. I am not a native English speaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and it was horrible. Watching someone self destruct is heartbreaking because as much as you want to save them, it's up to them to save themselves. It makes people crazy. I would not recommend travelling that road.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope I haven't and never would. Relationship works best if both are druggies not when one is and the other isn't.

• I used to do a lot of drugs and dated girls who also took drugs. I don't do them anymore and I wouldn't date someone who did more than smoke weed. Harder drugs tend to make people do crazy shit, this doesn't include everyone as I always knew what I was doing and acted as responsibly as you can when you're high, but it's true for most people... the chances are that a partner who does a lot of drugs can't really be trusted, so I'd just go for someone who doesn't take them, of which there's enough people in the world to choose from.

• I'm not against marijuana but doing it every day is not good. I could not date someone who depended on recreational drug use to function.

I'm fond of LSD and mushrooms, but like I said, not on a regular basis.

do you think he could be already damaged?

Scientific studies have proven that marijuana does not cause brain damage. However, how it affects one's lifestyle varies. At the end of the day, do you feel like he is a responsible person and he is attentive to your needs?

I don't know him enough yet to make a concious judgement, but by know seems normal and resposible.

• Yes. It was a very bad experience.

• No and I will never

What Girls Said 4

• I dated someone who did marijuana, I don't know what I was thinking. But if he doesn't act like a dick around you with or without the drug then I suppose it's fine. But in my honest opinion? I'll never ever ever date another guy who does drugs. It's not attractive.

how he used to act?

That misconception of the things are not good. The eyes of this guy are red always, so, I don't really have a clue if he is high or not, but he acts normal, as any other person. But his thoughts about how the world rules and how the life is, are so different to me. He tells me that I am afraid of something I don't know, he wants to make me feel safe, I know, but I am afraid.

Okay.. he sounds like he's full of shit. Stop talking with him. It's clear his motor skills are impaired and he doesn't know what he says to you.

• I see no problem with weed. I smoke myself. Sometimes I'll go a month where I smoke almost everyday and sometimes I go months without smoking lol. I've also done a couple kinds of pills and drank and stuff and I'd like to experiment with other drugs just once one day.

I would date someone who's like me in that regard. As long as they aren't high all the time, and only use pot with rare, occasional experiments, that's fine.

this guy smokes pot everyday, would you think is a problem?

It depends on the guy. If he's still productive and stuff it would be a turn off but no deal breaker.

• i would not recommend putting urself in that situation...
    not even if you think is is amazing...

how was your experience?

yes, i am speaking from experience

thank you.

• Just alcohol and weed