What do you think about gamer girl/guys? Would you date one?

Turn on? Turn off? Don't mind? Also say if you play video games yourself so I can get more insight. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a gamer and currently dating a gamer, so obviously I'm cool with it and I guess I'd prefer it :P

How's that been?

It's been fun! It means that at least we only need to buy one copy of some games now and just share it on Steam so it's cost efficient :P It also means that we both get to try slightly different types of games that the other owns. Plus, actually playing the game together is a lot of fun.

Haha sounds good, congrats! I'd personally call that goals.

What Girls Said 10

• It's fine as long as he can maintain a conversation about non-gamer related things, from time to time. Everyone has their hobbies, but if it consumes everything of who a person is, I wouldn't be able to make the relationship work.

• i mean she knows how to play games or he does , but it all depends how you get along with them , if you love gaming , you need to find someone who loves games right?

• It's a huge turn on if they play the same games I do, but it's a turn off if they spend more time on their games than with the person they're dating. There's really no point in getting a girlfriend if a guy just wants to sit inside and game all day.

• i think gamer guys and girls are cool! i never actually talked to a legit gamer girl though, never met one.

and yes i would date one, i don't see why not. plus we can game together and everything.

That's pretty cool :), glad so many girls here are so open minded about gaming and guys who game as well. Considering I game a lot myself LOL.

Probably got my ass kicked by them... I suck haha.

who knows XD

• Yeah, we would game like together

• Nor turn on, nor turn off. If I'd like him, his love for playing games would be seen as one of his hobbies by me, that enriching him as a person (to have any hobbie/what you like is much better than do not have none as I believe), so I'd date that person.

• They are tons of fun to me :)

• I would indeed date gamer but not game addicted guy. Dated one and it was the most horrible turn off ever. And I'm a gamer myself...

Haha ya I know what you mean. You need a good balance.

• as long as i'm more interesting than a videogame then it's ok lol I uses to play all night and sleep in class when I was in hs

Of course, that's why dating a gamer is sometimes hard to do. Some. people care more about gaming sadly.

yea I know I had this gamer classmate my bff and I tried to get him to hang with our group but he would rather stay home playing assassins creed 😒 and now he's trying to compensate for all the things he missed

• I play videogames but I would never consider myself a gamer. I don't let it consume me. I dated a gamer guy and it wasn't the greatest relationship, he honestly cared more about the games then he did for me. If you play that's cool but if we're hanging out and your best friend messages you on steam and you decide to play with him instead of going out to eat with me like we planned then it's a huge no for me.

I just said it as a generalisation LOL. I don't consider myself much of a gamer myself tbh and in relationships you need a balance of course.

What Guys Said 6