How do I get men my age to ask me out?

I look young for my age - I'm in my late 20s but I look like a teenager. I constantly get hit on by either guys right out of college or 40 something year old men.

Guys my age never think we are peers and are often embarrassed or uncomfortable talking to me. How do I get men my own age to approach me/ask me out?

Most Helpful Guy

• You make it sound like a bad thing. At least someone is trying to ask you out.
    I seriously doubt some 40 year old is embarrassed or uncomfortable talking to a young lady even if you do not want his attention. So that leaves the younger set who just want to score. You are not a big sister or a young play thing so make that point very early in the conversations.

What Guys Said 20

• Well... guys of your age are no longer going after girls of your age lol, they are perusing 20-23 year olds.

I'm not saying this about you... but a lot of girls your age are too used up for me lol.

• While I understand you want to be with guys closer to your own age, I do think you could consider someone younger - perhaps someone right out of college. After all, at most they are 9 years younger than you. While that may seem like a bit of a age difference, it's not really that bad.

• You don't. You ask them out. You can't make guys ask you out.

• Have you tried approaching and starting the conversation? If you're out and lets say having some drinks with some friends if you go and start the conversation first I'm sure you won't have much of a problem.

I have - they usually want to know my age upfront. Or they ask if they are too old for me. It makes the conversation awkward.

I followed you. Can you message me?

Can't this is a new account im not "high enough on points" I can in a day or 2.

• ask them out simply.

• you dont. because it doesn't work like that.
    you have to ask them out yourself.

• If you want something done right, do it yourself

• I think the older you get the more aggressive you will have to be with getting men you want

• Maybe your sending the wrong signals to guys your age.

• This is an especially creepy questions. Lol, why don't you take a proactive step and ask out someone you like rather than waiting for things to happen to you?

How is this a creepy question?

• Sorry but I guess you are too far to be asked out ;)

• Just ask the guy out if you like him damn

• pictures? I look several years younger than I am too

why don't you approach / ask out the guy you want?

• If it's that big of problem. Can't you fix it by you asking the guys that you like out yourself

• go with the 40 yr olds

• men at your age are weak and affected by feminism. No hope sorry

• I look young also so I grew a goatee so I would look older
    You could try that

• it depends where you hang out , maybe need to go to places with guys your age , I don't know , I don't think there is anything wrong with looking younger

Where do guys my age hang out?

there is pubs frequented by older guys , gyms , its a tougher age as by late 20's most guys are doing less partying and have jobs , and a lot are getting into relationships or married. so is less singles around this age than early 20's.

• What's wrong with guys straight out of college?

Nothing but I don't want to be 7 years older than every guy I meet. There is a maturity level.

In general maybe... but there are more mature men in their 20's then women in their 30-50's.

• I think the market is just smaller at that age. By then most dudes will have girlfriends and the ones who are left are left for a reason.

Thanks for answering - but you didn't answer my question at all. Not sure what you answered but it wasn't what I asked.

It's not, trust me. Lots of single men in their 30s looking for women in their late 20s.

What Girls Said 5

• Good luck with that one. I never figured it out.

Hey! I followed you - you have good answers. But it says I can't message you.

I have to be following you in order to talk. Give me a hint at your name so I can find you in my list and I'll follow back!

the pink one that recently followed you.

• I feel the same but I'm in my early 20s
    I found that dressing "my age" and wearing makeup does the trick

• Ask them out

• What makes you young-looking? I mean... Do you have a baby face? Or don't you use make-up? Or are you short and look petite?

• You're kind of old. Most guys want younger women.