Is it a must for a girl to wear makeup?

Do girls have to wear make up when they are just driving around the city? Are girls obliged to wear make up even on a date or to a football game?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. I barely ever wear make up (like genuinely a max of like 5 days a month I'd wear it and even then it's only lipstick) because ehh, I just don't get it, I never really learnt how to apply it, but my boyfriend doesn't give a shit. I also wouldn't be bothered if a girlfriend didn't wear make up.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes. Amendment 11 of the US constitution clearly states "All women must always and forever be adorned in all proper apperance enhancers (that would be makeup if said woman is to exercise her rights"

Hahaha i support the second ammendent more than this "11th" ammendment. :P

• I don't really like heavy makeup. A little bit is fine if it helps her confidence, but too much is a destraction.

• Only if she is very ugly and/or evil, decent looking girls don't really need it. :)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MakeUpIsEvil

• No, nobody is supposed to wear makeup.

• Yeah. It's actually against the law not to and punishable by stoning

• no, of course not. I think a bit is nice but you should do whatever you like and if you don't like using it or just don't feel the need for it... then just don't use any.

• No, girls and ladies are not obligated to wear/use makeup. It is and always should be a personal choice.

• No, not a must. In fact it's endearing. I don't want to have to wait an hour to go to the grocery store.

• I would say it is entirely up to the girl and how she feels about herself around a guy sans her makeup.

• No! Focus more on skin care, you won't regret it!

• No it's definitely not a must. A lot of guys don't actually like it when girls wear to much make up. It's nice seeing someones natural beauty.

• Nope.

• I know many many girls who dont wear make up

• No one is obliged to do anything. But everyone is entitled to a preference. Personally, if a woman would prefer to date me? I would prefer she took pride in her appearance.

• Nope. I always tell my girl she's beautiful and doesn't need any. She only wears lipstick though but only to protect her lips.

• Nope. I don't like makeup at all. Natural all the way!

• It's not a must. But it's definitely a good skill to have.

• I prefer it. I think guys should wear it to.

• I do not allow women to drive in my country.

• no, it really isn't, i just figured girls do it because it makes them feel good

What Girls Said 14

• No, only you are really in charge of deciding when and where you want to wear make up. For some they do because they feel more comfortable, others feel uncomfortable wearing it.

• of course it's not a must, you do what you feel comfortable with. However, if you wanna look your best, it will probably be with makeup. Thats what it's for. But in the end, its your decision.

• No, girls are human beings. Make-up is not a requirement for anything, you should wear it for yourself. Just do what you feel like.

• I really think women should wear makeup most of the time. It just looks better and makes you look more put together. Of course no one is able to wear makeup 100% of the time but you definitely should wear it on dates and social outings I think.

• No it is not.

• Of course not. I only wear makeup when I wake up looking like shit or on days I'm seeing someone I want to impress. ;)

• Yeah, no. 😏
    I am not the type of girl to wear make up 24/7. If I am going to a football game, I am going there to scream my head of! Why wear make up to the football game anyway... lol
    You are going there to eat, watch your favorite team play, and eat some more. 😊

• No, it's not.

• The only time that it is "a must" for me to wear make up is @ work.

Any other time, I go without it, even on dates.

• No, girls don't have to wear makeup.
    You can be feminine with or without makeup, the choice is up to you.

• No, of course not! You do you :)

• No it's not required

• No do what you want. It makes you look better tho

• Nooooo