Do women see video games as a unattractive male trait?

It seems women dislike men who play video games. I personally play football and do kick boxing... but i also like to play pc games in my free time. Is that seen as a turn off for a woman? Don't get me wrong I'm not going to stop doing what i want, i just find it interesting. Like i get the impression women stereotype guys that play them as weak or something... without trying to be a cocky dick... I would likely dismantle 90% of their male boyfriends/friends in 10 seconds flat. you can call me mystic mac predict these tings. They can't take my left hand shot.

but yeah let me know what you think... +1 to those who got the reference. Surprise surprise the king is back.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind men who play video games. I was a gamer myself back in the day. But now I'm 24 and have other priorities, so I only rarely play now, and only casually. It's totally fine if a guy plays video games as long as he can also be an adult and do what he needs to. Work, bills, responsibilities, etc.

My ex would spend all of his off days playing Pokemon (which I love, for the record) instead of doing dishes or any cleaning - which I would then have to do. Keeping in mind that I worked 65 hours a week and he worked 35. But of course, video games weren't the problem obviously; the lack of maturity was.

Whatever, now I'm rambling. Moral of the story is, as long as he's mature and responsible, video games are totally fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• To sum it up for you: Guys are very competitive. It shows on videogaming (reason why some take that shit seriously), just at it shows in their profession/carreer for the most part.

Here's the kicker: Girls don't really give a fuck about your passions, unless it benefits them one way or another. Chicks do not truly care about your abilities, it doesn't either intimidate nor impress them, unless it benefits them mostly for monetary reasons. Then it becomes partw of their interest.

Moderate gaming it's irrelevant to them, I guess, but they'll get annoyed when you are a bit of a geek for gaming, just because you're taking a big chunk of your time and attention to that instead of her, and it's not benefiting her in any way.

What Girls Said 22

• Nah, because so many types of guys play video games. But as long as he doesn't spend most of his time gaming, and sacrifices other important things to do it.

• Never! I love gamers and I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend is one. We also both love watching the same YouTube Gamers as well ^^

• I play video games myself. It would only be a turn off if the games made him aggressive (yelling, throwing stuff, excessive swearing) and if he was too hooked on them. Like he'd choose playing video games over hanging out with me. And his grades would suffer, or he'd end up coming late to work or calling in "sick" just to play games. That's really unattractive and I couldn't be with a guy like that. You can enjoy playing games but still have your priorities straight and a life outside of gaming.

I remember when i was younger smashing my controller and swearing. I'd like to think i have grown out of that :D

• I like it, coz I play games sometimes too. and I do know how important to give some space and time to a gamer in finishing his mission. and when he left his game just to spend time with me, it's more special

• I certainly don't. My boyfriend and I play together all the time! When Fallout 4 came out he literally had to drag me away from the tv~

• My ex was a gamer. It was actually kinda cool sometimes seeing all these people have a serious passion for playing. He would always explain atuff to me and i got a bit more interested in it.
    I would really only play If i had someone to play with though.
    However, there has to be some moderation. If you are in a relationship, you shouldn't be playing all day, everyday. Thats ridiculous. Games should not take away from your loved ones (SO).

• I love gamer dudes, I don't get why girls hate dudes who like... you know... FUN.

• Video games are not a trait, though?

I rushed this one... I mean like as a hobby or whatever.

I apoligise its very early for me atm. I meant video games as something they do in their free time... in the sense is that unattractive... do you prefer guys that go to the pub/clubbing over them for example. Do you prefer men who watch sports over video games... or do you really not mind either way.

no I don't really care if a guy watches sports or plays video games. As long as they do either of those in moderation, it's fine. I'd have more issue with him going clubbing if he's in a relationship with me, for obvious reasons.

• I don't mind if a guy plays them because I play them too. When I was younger and had more time to waste I played them hardcore. As for dating at my age, I don't mind if he plays, just as long as they're not his entire life.

• The thing is, games usually prioritize their games over other things so we feel like having to fight the games for his attention. That's what i hate.

• Not me, I play video games too... I just dont want him to be on it 24/7 trash talking and being a couch potato

• No I dont. I actually like it since I play them too. It only becomes a problem if the guy is playing them 24/7!

• Doesn't matter, most guys play. To me, I don't see the appeal. My eyes ache from playing COD for a couple of hours, let alone all night.

Trust me on this you will thank me later. Get 'Flux'... its free and has literally stopped any kind of eye ache i get and headaches. I play atm because im single and on a gap year 6-8 hours... no eye strain.
      On a console though/tv... you may find it more tricky to get. But do get it for your pc.

I used to play browser mmorpgs. One being Runescape which is still browser but has a download client. I forgot the other one I played... it was like a fantasy mortal combat...

@Asker does Flux changes automatically brightness or is some kind of game?

• Not unattractive to me

• I have only ever dated one gamer... a female.

• It's not a turn-off if his life is in order otherwise.

• Why would I? Video games r fun

• Long live halo 3
    rank 43 lone wolf destroying kids, come and see me

• I watch my boyfriend play Xbox for hours! I love it!

• I don't care as long as there is a limit.

• You scarily write like my ex.
    Video games are fine. So long as you actually do productive things as well.

• Whoa how'd you get this cool?

I learnt it from my lord and savior Donald the big D Trump.

What Guys Said 10

• there are many female gamers out there too and I think many of those who don't play still don't have a problem as long as it's not too excessive

• It's okay to play video games , hell I even had a phase a few years ago playing EvE Online , staying in for days on end when the Russians came. The outcome of the war basically went something like.

FC: Флот Дракон, можете заходить.
    SC: Прыгаем. Есть главная цель?
    FC: Жгите всех. Теперь эта система – наша.
    SC: Да, командир.

Absolutely terrifying.

I'm sorry you had to endure that.

• Zero f*cks given bro, I Luv my pc games and thats what I do after gym, working and hanging out.

• For most women, yes, gaming is unattractive.

http://gamerwidow.com

• well obviously everyone is an individual so keep that in mind. I know some girls who like video games, it probably also depends how far the video games veer off into fantasy as that is generally associated with escapism something many people with poor social skills seem to be inclined towards instead of interacting with other people.

• This nigga 😂😂😂
    You ain't dismantling shit
    And you are insecure about being judged for playing videogames
    After a certain age people have jobs, careers, higher education, and family. They don't have time for videogames. A woman wants a man who can get shit done

I'm dismantling your mothers dildo cause she wants some real meat. and i was joking... conor mcgregor reference...

Conor McGregor has almost no guard along with 90% of the people in the UFC
      He actually does guard a little bit and that's why he is one of the bet fighters

Also that's funny, because I was dismantling your gaming console so you can get the fuck outside and experience life loser.

Thanks that is actually a nice gesture. But hey I play football and do kickboxing so i do 'go out'. And with guard im guessing your refering to boxing. There is a reason they generally have their hands lower which is to defend kicks. The way MMA fighters defend body and head kicks is through putting their arm out... in a tight guard it makes this hard to do.

• Stupid video games fucked me up for 3 years straight, took over my life, went from a body builder to bullshit.
    Now that I've quit, im back in the zone getting my body back.
    When i see games like halo i want to burn the shit

You dont need to workout, you're already cute.. <3
      I use to destroy kids on halo 3.. I was rank 43 lone wolf :')

• I'm a gamer too, FIFA man.
    No girl is gonna take that away from me

• yes you are ugly for playing games

clean the cheeto stains off of your pants and get yourself together!

shut up tough guy lmao you wouldn't take nothing. I can't fight with my fists because I am in mma which is pretty common where Im from. thats why I have a gun.

little English tea drinking motherfuker lmao

• I'd hope not