Is it possible to go back to being just friends after hooking up?

a guy friend and I have slept together a couple times and been hanging out for a month or so. He's recently told me he isn't interested in anything more so I said we should just be friends and he said he'd like that. Is it possible to go back to being friends? How?

Most Helpful Girl

• But is he still wants that hook up thing?
    Then he basically want friends with benefit relationship. It is possible. That kind of relationship usually lead one party growing attachment but it works for some people.
    I personally can't have this kind of relationship and seems like you don't either, just drop him.
    He doesn't see you as girlfriend material, he doesn't respect you. not worth your time.

No we are done hooking up. I told him I didn't want to be friends with benefits because I was already starting to develop a crush. But now he's acting weird and awkward.

What Guys Said 2

• I've done it, yeah.

As long as the communication is there and you both agree that you got each other out of your system, it can happen.

• Possible but unlikely. The dynamic of the relationship has changed. When he gets another girlfriend you'll always be at arms length. GF's tend to frown on their dudes be close to past sex partners.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. Of course. Totally. Not a problem. For sure. Without a doubt it can work. Yes. Yassss. Certainly. 100% certain that's a great idea! Wow!