I overthink and analyze everything. Here's an example. and how do I stop? Please help?

Example: Today I was 10 minutes late to work because I left a little late and there was school bus traffic on the way.

and Now I keep thinking was I late because I left a little late or was I late because of the school bus traffic or was I late because of both.

These thought I keep analyzing.

Its weird. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're fine. Granted, most people might not think about stuff like that. Please keep in mind this is coming from a guy that thinks along the lines of the below...

"If we expect the unexpected, is the unexpected really unexpected or is it expected?"

Most Helpful Girl

• just loosen up, and relax.
    whatever happen, just fuck it.
    that's how i reduce my overthinking

What Guys Said 6

• everytime you over analyze alone stuff, and you realize you're starting doing it, do something else. start listening to the music. focus on something else. that will make your brain to release endorphines, which means free pleasure. avoid over thinking tho, cos it causes just stress
    how do i know? experience!

• Stop sweating the small stuff!

• Ya I think you're weird too. And the answer to your question is both.

• just keep yourself busy in things so you dont have time to over analyze anything

• Wow out of all the things you could be over analyzing, that's it?

• Her father is the brother of my mom. Like, we grew up together, and she grew up hot, you know, she fucking grew up hot. And all my friends are trying to fuck her, you know, and I'm not gonna let one of these assholes fuck my cousin. So I used the cousin thing, as like, an in with her. I'm not like, gonna let someone else fuck my cousin, you know? If anyone's gonna fuck my cousin, it's gonna be me. Out of respect.

What Girls Said 1

• You are a tad OCD