Should we break up?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months now. He's a sweet guy but sometimes seems clueless as to how to be with a girl since I'm his second girlfriend.

The problem is that he can go days without talking to me. Every time I bring it up he swears he will try but then he inevitably goes back to not contacting me for days. I'm kind of sick of always having to nag him about contact and I'm sure he' tired of it too.

When we see each other it's great but the time we don't see each other is the hard part. He's been like this with communication for a few months now. In the beginning he was great with communication but the more our relationship progressed the more "lazy" he got.

Should we just break up or do you think there's hope?

What Guys Said 2

• It won't change

• Probably. This is who he is and he isn't likely to change. If he is worth it, you might be the one who has to change, but if he is incommunicado he might be losing interest.

What Girls Said 1

• If this isn't how he was at the start, then you can hold him accountable and leave him over that reason. If this was how he was from the start I would say you can't blame him but if he's already taking you for granted and not making a effort anymore, it's a red flag.

There's only hope if he's willing to compromise and step up