Guys, Why don't I get asked out?

I always have guys and girls tell me I'm really gorgeous and that I have a great personality, but guys never approach me or ask me out. Is there something wrong with me?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• because beautiful girls (or girls in general) are intimidating to most guys, especially when guys are completely ignored so guys know you dont want them especially because you more than likely dont approach anyone and dont take guys compliments as a ticket to ask them out for liking you. and guys take it as immediate rejection, hint hint? there are so many things wrong with girls and their behavior toward guys, mostly because girls think guys have to do everything and love doesn't work like that.
    plus you could be hanging around a lot of girls or just 1 and guys always assume a girl could be bi-sexual or lesbian so that automatically makes a girl unavailable.

What Guys Said 27

• Sometimes guys are afraid of girls that are too much. Like your out of their league so why even try... That is is its like you say gorgeous. Beauty is what attract guys we are visual, something really beatifull can be kind of intimidating, but good personality is thing that keep someone... Dont know lets say its like you say so maybe your too up tight, holding guard, unaprochable, or you do something intimidating. I have one female friend great girl, smart, funny, inteligent, grogeous... But boy was she intimidating kind of agresive tend to argue a lot cos people have bin wrong about things... Guys have bin scared to even ask her and thous are not boys thous are grown man. Now she is married but there was really problem with her and dating.
    So look at if your doing something intimidating or if your unaproachable... Or why not doing first move ask someone you find atractive out. Why does guys always have to do first move? Or change places where you go out or hangout, meet new people... And if your actually good person dont let anyone change that its most attractive thing about girl not looks

• I don't know what's wrong and even if there's something wrong. I just know one thing: don't wait for anyone to ask you out, if you don't get asked out it's time to start asking out. Don't fate favor you? Start trying to control it.

• nah dear, it is that nowdays males are just spineless pussys in most cases

Yep, basically that's why they go for someone easier and what makes them more comfortable to approach.

@ayylamo both of you are right but go make your comment elsewhere
      "You need to send some signals of availability." 10/10 on that

@diegoD I meant less pretty + easy

• Do you smile to the guy? Do you even show that you noticed him?

You cannot just sit there and when you see a guy that you like turn away and look angry with him and then wait for him to approach you. Be more acitve, look at guys, smile at them and they will approach.

• It is that ice pick that you keep under your bed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNjU3dhdou8

• You can wait until someone asks you out or you can actually take matters in your own hands amd ask a guy out yourself.

• They must be saying it to make you feel good

Cause if you look good you'll get asked out 100% unless your a freak or something. Maybe the guys you're going for are above your league

• RBF? Do you smile / are you approachable?

Are you personable being "gorgeous"? Some / most guys will think you're either HMC and or GDC.

What's hmc and gdc?

I mean I do have guys coming up to talk to me, but its usually older guys which I do not like at all, and its hard for me to have a good time and be open when I have guys eyeing me all the time when I'm dancing cause I don't want to be viewed as a sexual object.

Can you PM me? I think I may be able to help with some examples but I don't want to share on "general G@G.

• Why don't you try asking people out?

Cause I'm really shy and don't want to be rejected?

That might be the same reason no one is asking you out

That is probably why nobody is asking her out.

• Approach a guy and you'll find out.

• How about you show us a pic of yourself so we can know wtf you're talking about.

Also, maybe you aren't approachable.

What makes a girl unapproachable? And yeah I'm not uploading a picture of myself to a bunch of strangers online.

• Why don't you try asking guys out? Unless you're into the traditional way of getting a date... but honestly a lot of guys are very passive these days so.

• I don't know you at all. I don't even know what you look like. How could anyone honestly answer this question?

• No. Probably just something wrong with the guys.

• I don't think anything wrong with you. Perhaps you have rbf😅 try smiling more

• Well you being too beautiful is one of the reason guys don't ask you out. When ever a guy sees a girl the first thing that comes in mind is "is she out of my league", so maybe they become nervous. Just be casual and smile when you see a guy you like

• why dont u ask him

• Busy girls who are always doing somthing, or even just in the moment enjoying life are way more approachable for me than if a girl is sitting there waiting for. me to come to her. I don't know why just putting that out there

• do you wanna be asked out, or you are just curious as to why never has asked you out

I do wanna get asked out obviously.

• Some guys might be shy or something to ask you out. Everything is fine.

• If you walk around with the idea " I'm really gorgeous and that I have a great personality" that might show.

• I'm in the same situation but I'm a guy so don't feel bad

and are you making yourself available to be approached? because some girls make that really difficult

I do make myself available, but like I said below mostly older guys approach me and it grosses me out tbh.

are you actually talking to them or just staring at them from a distance?

could just be intimidating

well I mean I'm really shy, if a guy I was interested in or something came up to me and talked to me, I wouldn't act cold or anything. I open up as soon as someone approaches me.

• Guys can lie about looks all the time. Let's see a pic. We'll tell you if you're as gorgeous as you think.

yeah but when I get hit on by girls, guys, and have gay guys tell me I'm gorgeous.. how is everybody lying? I personally would never tell someone they look good if they don't.

So unwilling to be judged by people... ok.

• Maybe your too attractive

• Maybe they feel intimidated by you.

• So you are good looking, but no one asks you out?

This means you are too shy and hard to approach...

Also start asking guys out!

It's hard for me cause I'm really sensitive so anything someone says or does to me I misinterpret a lot.

Just make it your goal to just even say hello to a stranger... Try to relax and be yourself...

• Post a pic and we'll tell you if you really are good looking.

Don't need to post a pic when I get complimented by a lot of strangers everyday.

people lie you know. I'll be 100% honest.