At 21, should I try online dating or not?

Disclaimer: Now, before someone tells me that I must be ugly, I get random old men on the street call me beautiful and even two separate old taxi drivers called me beautiful. Strangers do sometimes tell me I am pretty without me asking anything about my appearance. Also, every once in a blue moon, I catch an attractive man staring at me. Also, I am not fat, I am 5'6 and weigh 125 pounds).

So I am 21 years old and in college. My parents expect me to have a partner and possibly get married after college (although, they do not want me to do online dating but they cannot stop me as a 21 year old girl). Friends of my family and some of my extended family always ask me why I do not have a boyfriend yet and I usually do not know how to respond. I do not have any guy friends because I never really made an effort to make a guy friend. I have never had a boyfriend before. I feel like guys do not hit on me at all because they never approach me or ask me out. I do not drink (I do not go to bars) nor do I really go to parties/nightclubs. Sometimes I try putting myself out there, with people my age, but I have never been close to scoring a date. People say love comes to you when you least expect it but I feel like I am nowhere close to love. Should I try online dating or should I continue to wait and find love offline?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really are lonely go for it but chances are there's probably already a few guys into you

What Guys Said 1

• I am 26 guy and I am in similar situation I don't go out much. I used to go to clubs , but I noticed its not the right place to look if you want to find something serious. Well look in real life or online as well thats what I do.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why it would hurt. If anything, it may just speed up the process of finding someone. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I know plenty of people who have found love on dating sites, including my 20 year old friend. I guess just be warned and prepared that there may be a lot of weird guys on there looking for young "meat" as such, but nothing that a swift block wouldn't sort out. I wish you luck :)