How long does long distance relationships last?

I don't live with her but my sister started dating this guy her senior year of high school early May. The problem is they are going to go to different colleges and she's out of state. They only dated 2 months before she had to go, how long do you think this could go on? I know this guy and his relationships are usually short term do you think these two will last at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• They can last for years but both of them will be in college so unless it is an open relationship it won't work, then again even it being open relationship is not going to help much I suppose

Most Helpful Girl

• Long -distance relationships rarely last. They can be so challenging. They can work if both people communicate well and understand each other's needs. Sacrifices and compromises are needed by both people or it won't survive the distance

Most people who are in long-distance relationship are just passing time until something better comes along. Once their life changes then they no longer have a need or time for you

If two people genuinely love each other their love can't be measured by the distance. The challenges they face can be used as an opportunity to show their love is stronger than the challenges and obstacles they face

The only way it'll endure is if one person uproots to live with or near the other. I'd sacrifice my life , family and friends to be near someone I loved, but only if he was making an obvious effort to make me part of his life

What Guys Said 1

• Not long 🙂 I tried one and only 1 nobody ever follows this advice but never ever do it its crazy

What Girls Said 2

• This depends on the couple's initiative to make the relationship work. But even then, there is no guarantee it will last because there is a higher chance of it failing than actually succeeding.

This opinion is based on being in a 3 year ldr myself.

• Depends on the couple
    My sister did long distance and now they are married