How would you react if you found out that your teen son/daughter was sexually active?

• Tell them to be safe ( give them birth control pills and condoms)
    71% (17)71% (15)71% (32)Vote
  • Ground them
    12% (3)10% (2)11% (5)Vote
  • Tell them not to engage in sexual activities
    17% (4)19% (4)18% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Think about how you'd have wanted your parents to react if it was the other way around.
    Obviously if they are 13 I'd be a bit concerned and ground them probably but also tell them to be safe. If they are age of consent + it's their choice so just makes sure they are happy & safe

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Son: Be safe lad. Respect your partner's wishes. No means no
    Daughter: *Draws sword* Point me to the damned fucker. Only kidding kido. Be safe and respect your partner's wishes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Daughter id be more upset. Son id give a high five and give him money to take his girl out.

1|2
    3|0
  • As long as it is with someone I approve of, then it is fine. They must use birth control too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ground them

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to them about practicing safe sex and tell them the risk
    of having unprotected sex can lead to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them to wear Kevlar

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Already been there and done that. You can't keep a leash on them. I told him over and over (and to this day even) to be very careful because having a kid at his age would be detrimental to his future plans for his life.

If he asked me to buy him condoms or something, I probably would have but he never asked me or anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

My mom gave me a whole bag of condoms when i was 15 lol

• Show All
    • 2mo

I don't know why i brought that up. I saw your comment and just thought about it.

• 2mo

@HulkkSmash you brought it up cause it's relevant, that's why. Goes with the context of the post and my reply. 😉

• well first it depends how old , if u are 13 and having sex ground and tell them not to engage sexual activities. and by the age of 18 its her decision and she got make the right decisions

0|0
    1|1
  • I would be FURIOUS. They gonna wait till marriage or else...

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be fine with it. I will just tell them to not get pregnant.

0|0
    1|2