How do girls feel when they've accidentally met or heard if their significant others ex?

My girlfriend accidentally met my ex and she is holding somthing against me. She obviously is angry but at what? The ex is a past that stays in the past but she says she feels disgusted knowing that my ex and i dated. Is it jelousy or insecurity or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds extremely insecure. I would advise that you sit down and speak to her calmly - just explain that you do have ex's (as will she) and that is something you cannot change, say that you are not will any ex's now for a reason, they are in the past and that you have no desire to be with this ex ever again. Say she needs to trust you and feel secure in the relationship otherwise it won't last but be understanding and say that if she feels she cannot handle that and needs to end the relationship then that is her decision... you don't have to take my advice but that's my suggestion. To be honest with you though, her acting like this would be a major red flag for me about what she could be like going forward

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably insecurity or they became best friends and have been telling each other secrets and the things you've done. Yep...

What Girls Said 5

• I think there's more here tht we don't know.
    I mean if there's lies involved on your part, or if the ex said something to her that you don't know about or acted a certain way that you didn't see that made your girlfriend think she's bad.
    If she is ridiculously hotter than your girlfriend it would make her feel bad.

I mean what is she saying. How did this happen?

no lies. My girlfriend explained that she doesn't like the way she acts with men. Which is a little flirty not to just me.

Well if she comes off that way I can understand not really liking her then.
      And if she is acting flirty towards you (and others sure), then I wouldn't like it either.

• Lmfao I was friends with my boyfriends ex while they dated for a month. She's fucking gross and he was in my inbox the whole time but hey 🐸
    Maybe it's insecurity because she got you first, reassure her that you're hers.

• It's not her place to have something against you, she's entitled to an opinion but who you dated in the past is not relevant to the relatownship now, maybe she's jealous feels insecure

• Is your ex significantly hotter than your new girlfriend? I know her level of hotness affects how I feel when I am in that situation. If I percieve her as being more attractive than I am, then yeah, the jealousy may flare up. If it's the other way around, it probably won't bother me much. Sounds petty, but it's true.

• It's most likely a huge insecurity from her end. Try to reassure her that you are with her now and that the ex is totally in the last and that she got nothing to worry about.

What Guys Said 0