Girls, does this message sound fine or if needy any suggestions on how to reword it?

i didn't hear back from her after asking her out so im going to send this -

Hey, I thought give you space as I didn't hear back from ya, you free this week except Sunday as that's when I move, it would be awesome to see u before I go as I'm a bit nervous lol whether it's London or a meal at Lakeside? x

• It's fine
    51% (34)
  • Too needy
    49% (33)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Keep it formal.. using "U" is so benignly unattractive. If my boyfriend ever says "u" or similar euphemisms, I go crazy...
    The x at the end is... Uck.
    'Ya' is cute & casual.
    Stating you're busy Sunday is unnecessary. If she says "I'm free Sunday" then you say that... With a sorry first.
    The rest is not even needed unless she says yes.
    Keep it short & quick.
    In conclusion... You should say...
    "Hey, I thought I'd give you some space as I didn't hear back from ya... Are you free this week?
    Dunno what London or Lakeside is. If that's a meeting place, You'd say "Perhaps to go to [x] or [x]?"

What Girls Said 21

• I don't think it sounds needy, but the real question is whether she's interested or not. If she's interested, that messaged will be fine. If she isn't, then she isn't, and no message would change that unless it's like really really extreme clingy. This one is fine.

• Lose the I didn't hear from you so I gave you some space. Just be direct and to the point.

Want to meet in London or Lakeside for dinner (except for Sun as I'm moving that day). Something like that.

does this sound better or need editing -
      Hey :), if your free this week (except Sunday as im moving to Greenwich) wanna go up London or grab a bit to eat at Lakeside, be awesome to see you before I go? x

Sure, sounds ok. But please... for the love of god correct the "your" to "you're". Notning drives me crazier (personally) than that grammar mistake. Sorry, can't help it. 😬

• I don't think it's needy. Send it, if she doesn't reply then you've got your answer. I'm real tired of people saying people who make an effort are needy. Nah we just want to give people a second chance.

exactly i hate how theirs all these bullshit rules with texting in real life i chat for ages, so i hate how sending 4 texts in a row is considered needy when i say triple that when talking in person lol i excel on dates but my social media game is shit

Just send it dude. If she doesn't reply then you know. Regret the things you don't do, not the things you do.

• I suggest just calling her, though, if she didn't respond, I would assume that means she doesn't want to go out with you. But if you wan to press it, call.

• You asked her out. You didn't stalk her or date her for years. What space is needed? Unless you did stalk her...

Take that part out.

Then leave out the cheesey london lakeside part. Name a specific place and time. "I know you like jazz. I hear this great band is at the coffee spot down the street tues night. Want to check them out?" Thats how you do it.

• just text her saying you wanted to know how she is since you hadn't heard from her and you had wonderful time with her the last time. Then if she gives you a positive feedback you can now ask if she won't mind going on a date with you whenever she is less busy

• How long has it been since you asked her out?

• I'm not sure... are you moving as in, leaving for good? That would make me disinterested in someone...

It sounds OK to me! :)

• If you didn't hear from her in more than 2 days move on. If it's less than 2 days, wait and then move on. Either way, don't send that text. :)

• "Hi there, I haven't heard from you but I would like to see you Friday or Saturday. I'm taking the liberty to ask again. I'm moving Sunday and I'd like to see you before hand. Any place you want."

• I voted "it's fine" as the message in itself isn't needy at all, however writing to a girl who did not write you back might very much very likely come off as needy, so I'd actually suggest you do not send the message despite the message itself isn't needy in nature.

• Don't text her, call her!

what about if i can't get through? she's a bit anti social so doesn't like being called on the phone?

Still try, if she doesn't answer move on! Do you really want a girl who's a poor communicator? It's going to be a difficult relationship

• Too needyyyyyyyyyyyy, don't send it.

• Call her! So you will get her answer right away.. by the way I dont like that message.

why don't you like it? this better -
      Hey , if your free this week (except Sunday as im moving to Greenwich) wanna go up London or grab a bit to eat at Lakeside, be awesome to see you before I go? x

She sure wanna date you but she said she has no money.
      You still have 2 days to wait, lol

i know she confuse the hell outta me im not sure if she's really into me or im just one of many guys she's dating lol can i message you in inbox be great to get some more advice thanks

• I don't know, ladies, but... to me, it only sounds "needy" if I don't like the guy.

I realized that if I sent a message I'm slapping myself in the face over, the guy will respond without a problem if he likes me to begin with.

• Don't text her. Are you leaving for good? No point in seeing each other anyways

I still stand by my first opinion.

im not moving that far does this message sound better though?

• I think it sounds fine. There's nothing wrong with asking a girl who you care about to hang out before you move.

• It's not needy at all... If you saw all the texts my boyfriend send me then here you can call it needy. This text for me is too unromantic and don't show her any love, etc..

thanks im only dating her atm so i didn't want to make it too full on

This is far from being too much.
      You know when I first meet my boyfriend, we talk a bit and then he ask my height, I tell him and he said I was his ideal type and that on the first time we talk together. He text me, call me everyday even during work, etc... He always find time to text me. So I think your text is really basic

• How longs it been between? And giving her options makes it sound slightly desperate as if you've planned it out without her even agreeing...

• If you didn't hear back from her if you were trying to hang out before that means she is not interested. Maybe skip a message at all. If you're this worried you sound like a sweet guy. Maybe I'm a bitch but sometimes if a guy is really nice and I'm not interested but don't want to hurt his feelings I act like I keep forgetting to respond or say I'm busy.

And this message is needy.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more