How would you feel if your significant other didn't return phone calls/text and it's been over a week so far?

Whether the relationship be new or has a bit of history, how would you feel if your significant other was not returning phone calls or text messages for a whole week+ time? Would you be upset? discouraged? hurt? annoyed? angry? worried? consider it over? Obviously it wouldn't be proper to contact the person every day; make one or two attempts then wait two or three days is more appropriate.

What would you do about it? Perhaps some of it depends on the person/relationship/situation, but a week+ time seems like a long time to not throw a frickin bone.

Forgot to mention... you have no idea why this person is not returning communication.
How would you feel if this person contacted you, maybe a couple months down the road? Would you not acknowledge the contact? would you be willing to listen? would you accept an apology? would you try to work things out? Express your disgust then end it?

Most Helpful Girl

• As you said, it depends on the person/situation/relationship. Still, I think that warrants some real consideration about the status of the relationship (especially if this behavior is a more recent development). If you have left messages/texts and they are taking over a week to respond, there may be something going on with this person that you need to know about. Of course you can't know what is really going on if they don't call/text you back.

What they're doing is impolite, hurtful, and inconsiderate. Even if having a crazy schedule was preventing them from having a long conversation with you, it takes 2 minutes to phone/text someone to explain that they are swamped, feeling ill, or in need of some personal time and will get back to you as soon as things clear up.

• I totally agree with kriskahn21, If a person is interested in someone they will make time for them. You would want that person to know that you have not lost interest just tied up for a bit to let them know that they are still part of your life. Communication is very important and this is a complete example of it. If she didn't want to risk loosing you to another then she needs to show you that you are an important factor in her life as well as other factors. Good Luck! Ty_lady!

What Girls Said 7

• If it were me, I would be upset, disappointed and definitely be discouraged after each text/phone call that I make and is not replied to. If it's been a week, I would be just a little annoyed, and I think I would just leave voice mail and ask nicely what's going on and let them know that I care and whatnot. If they still don't answer for a while...well, I would be wondering what's happening in our relationship for sure.

• I'd want to know what the f*** is going on! It doesn't matter what kind of personality this person has, you do not ignore your boyfriend for a week+! Its just not right, she obviously has issues and does not have the courage to speak up.

I'd be frustrated and ridiculously angry.

Dont be a push over, find out what's going on and if she is unable to answer any calls, texts or anything like that I think its time she went and sorted herself out!

• Personally, I would be extremely hurt and worried. Even if it was a new S.O., it would still hurt me a whole lot. I would think that something was going on and that they probably found someone else. Granted, a lot of things can make someone cut off communication, like family problems and such. I would definitly be trying to get to the bottom of it. I remember back when my steady boyfriend and I didn't talk for a few days, and I left him a message saying that if we didn't talk by the end of the night, I would assume it was over. I got a call. I'm not saying go to that extreme (especially if it's a new relationship..), but still. You deserve some kind of answer.

• It happens. I was with my boyfriend for over a year and he would just stop calling or texting and I would panic. Until last December, I had a terrible accident and was out of it for more than a week and he never called, even though he had heard what had happened, so I called it quits.

• I would reach out at this point and call and just let them know that you just want to know how everything is because you haven't heard from them. Don't get all crazy and start sobbing on the phone, just simply ask. If she's busy she should just say so. I would consider that inconsiderate of her part not to at least say that much. Consider it a preview of the future...

• I am in the same situation. I am sick and tired of people keep telling me to move on. I haven't heard from a guy in three weeks and I am upset, hurt, annoyed, angry, disappointed, and worrie. I know he has a lot on his plate but damn. I called him on two different days and he never answered my calls where before he did so now I am worried cause I don't know how his situation turned out.

• I would officially consider myself single

What Guys Said 7

• Obviously like you stated you should not be on top of them. How you should feel about it, depends on the kind of relationship you guys had. For example what MAY have caused this? Try to think about it. If you can't come up with anything then this may be a sign of something that is wrong that you have not noticed. I personally would think about that first. Give her space but at the same time I will be annoyed because it seems like it was without notice...Perhaps maybe a little worried but that's only if you know your relationship was rocky beforehand. Hope you solve this bro.

• Well, to answer your question...

...I would feel like sh*t. And start to worry a bit. Not just because they're ignoring me. But I mean, what if something happened to them?

Although... how significant is this person that you can't even check if she's OK via a friend or her house?

• I'd think something was up, that I was probably going to get dumped soon. That said, it's not uncommon for a silly girl to break off a relationship in this manner.

• Depends on the situation if I would allow them back into my life. If it became routine, then the relationship would be toast or I would get very angry at why this has to happen so often. Also, if I found out that she had been unfaithful during, I would not be a happy man. She would no longer be my significant other either. I'd probably go though just about every scenario and emotion.

• Well, I wouldn't think too much was up, you should over react. What you should do is wait for her to text you back or call you back, don't keep texting her because it will make you look anxious. Just keep your cool and see what happens, and if your curious just ask her later on what she was doing, there is probably a logical explanation.

• We talked through it found out why she did it. What she was going through. Then I told how it hurt me and wht I went through.

• Why did "she do it"? if you don't mind me asking. just curious about the thought process as to how someone can be saying I love you one day, and then all of a sudden not returning/avoiding communication.

• Well in her case I got her to quit smoking weed. She said that she wanted to change but on her own accord and not on mine. she went through withdraw and got mad. Simple. but I'm gonna guess and say your case is different. Was that the 1st time she's said that she loves you? Or was it completely random?

• Happened been there done that! My girlfriend didn't talk to me for about a month. I felt hurt and betrayed we had dated for 3 Months. And it was completely random...we had had and amazing conversation the night before. It was hard to get through. but don't give up! Tell her good morning sweet dreams...and if you there tell her that you love her at least once a day. She didn't talk to me because I got her to quite drugs and at first she was mad. But she came around. just be patient it's a hard thing to go through.