Good Places To Meet Good Guys?

I graduated college already. I'm a teacher and all the guys in my building are old and married. I don't go to bars or clubs. I like going to the gym, coffee shops, and panera and book stores, but I'm not a party person. However, I feel like everyone in my age group that I know met their spouse in college and I feel like I missed the boat.

Are there good places to meet guys or did I miss out? I never really had a good boyfriend before and I'd like one. I get told I'm pretty all the time, yet I seem to be the girl no one wants.

Most Helpful Guy

• You just have to get in the practice of talking to random strangers wherever you go. Google now records how busy a location is by hour, so you can plan things like your grocery shopping around the time it is busiest so there's more chance to meet someone.

Anywhere there are lines is good too. Just wait for someone you want to talk to gets in line then get in line behind them. Go to a theme park with your girlfriends and get in line behind cute guys and get their number while you wait in line. A festival or faire works too. Hobbies are good too. Social events like an improv class are great.

Also, another good tip is to "break the ice" by doing something to establish yourself as a friendly person. For example, when I use to run a lot I would give people high fives if they ran past in the opposite direction. Most people, men and women, and they would almost always give high five back. Most of the time I would never see them again since it was a several mile course, but if I happened to run into them in the parking lot it makes them much more likely to be receptive to being approached because they already know you're friendly. Same thing applies to parties. A good host will introduce you to several or all the other guests, to break the ice and make it comfortable to approach a stranger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Although I sympathise, this question does not have an answer.

It's not like all good men meet on a Friday night "on the corner of 12th" (sorry not American so quoting films)

You can meet good men anywhere. Clubs, pubs, banks, family, friends, nights out, work, whatever. There isn't a one place.

I met me ex through friends. I met my current through work. (Only had 2 boyfriends). There is no right way to meet someone. Just don't close yourself off and remember a job is money, not the definition of a person.

Work is not a place for me because I'm a teacher and the men are all married. I don't work in an office or anyhing like that.

What Guys Said 21

• that's how I felt when I got out of college.

I think keep your eyes open everywhere you go and don't let an opportunity pass by. I really think being social, biking, gym, activities. Try not to be surrounded by 5 other women all the time.

• Online. No place else is even close.

The trick is to choose the right site. If you do tinder, then you will find only guys looking for a hook up. If you try eharmony, you will find guys wanting to get married. If you are overweight, you could try plentyoffish.

Try several different sites until you find one that fits you.

• You're going to have to be MUUUUUUUCH more specific about what makes a good guy to you and which kinds of guys you're not trying to meet (not college educated, religious etc.)

• 1-There is no particular place to meet a good guy. They're everywhere. You gotta learn how to spot some kind of bad behavior before you figure out who seems good.
    2-Refrain the "seems". You won't know until you get to meet them.
    3-You gotta open yourself to actually just having fun, not every good guy is gonna be looking for a girlfriend at the time. You might be the one to convince him to try to settle down.

• It's tough but you still can meet men. Thing is... it's no longer college, and things are easy. So where do you meet men? Wherever you can. You have to be bold and willing to risk rejection.

The gym is good--especially if there are classes. Pools are alright... dang this is hard. I'm always thinking of where to go to meet women.

• There is no 'good' places. The good places are during your everyday exposure to the outside world. Just have to be easy going enough to put yourself out there and not be worried Of rejection. Men are walking in 100's past you everyday

One day stop one and say hi. Thats it

• you can meet them anywhere, but you have to be the good girl type also and approach them and not find players aka alpha males and bad boys attractive.

• Some of us good guys are still single😂😅you might want to try looking in different places coffee shops are good, you'll never see me at a bar tho😂😂

• Really your only option is the online world. A lot of girls are sort of skeptical of the online world, and I don't blame them, but there are indeed some good guys there.

• Coffee shops, good online pay sites (not POF style)

• A good serious guy huh?
    ask your friends if they know anyone who is single
    Ask them for help finding someone

Did, they said no.

Seriously. One of my co-workers said I need new friends lol

You might very well need new friends! 😂
      You could always ask your sibling or relatives of they know anyone good

Or you could go online dating...

Next time you see a handsome guy at Panera or Starbucks, approach him

• anywhere but bars. You can try online dating but that has risks of its own. Honestly there's no concrete place to find a good guy, you just do by trial and error.

• There can be a good guy anywhere. Go outside and shine!

• Get out of the house, and just start talking to other guys. They are everywhere

• You know what's an even better way to meet guys than college?

Travel.

• If you have an After School program where you work, they tend to be around your age group.

• I feel you completely!
    If you were in So Cal I'd be interested in chatting!

• you did not miss out. how desperate are you? what are you looking for exactly?

What makes you think I'm desperate? Because I don't want to focus on my career or a bit and maybe want to focus a bit on dating? How asinine are you?

I'm not implying you are desperate , you could have said I am not desperate at all. I am just asking a question, why the hell you get so triggered like that? I'm trying to help you

• Church lol

• As a good guy,

You will not find me in a club or a bar... I never go there...

Gym is an okay place, I would never talk to a girl at a gym... I wouldn't want to bug her and I need to focus on my work out...

Coffee Shop is a great place! I often go inside, buy a coffee and hope that I bump into a girl and fall in love! Lol...

Grocery store is a great place! Good guys need good groceries!

Banks, Local parks/places to walk...,

But the biggest thing is... Good Guys may not approach you or seem interested when they actually are...

I kinda figured a gym wouldn't be a good place, though I think more men focus on women in the gym than they want to admit. Whenever I have to bend over, I make sure it's not around men because they glance at my cleavage.

• PlentyOfFish.

What Girls Said 2