Single for 6 months. Will it get better?

I don't even go on dates. I'm actually single. The goal is for a year. But it's kinda brutal since I've always had someone. Has anyone else had this struggle?

Most Helpful Girl

• It was hard for my close friend who is now married to her husband. She had not been in a relationship for almost a year. But she can do it if she had to at the time when she was single. It becomes easier as long as your remaining focus on your goals and priorities in life. Which means you can't pay attention to other people and always stick to your plans when needed. If you have other friends who are not busy or single as well, you can all hangout whenever you can and do something together. Again, all you have to do is try not to get caught up with guys who is interested in asking you out. Why? Because if you do, you'll get tempted to get into dating again.

What Guys Said 5

• Please 6 months is a joke walk in my shoes you need to be alone to find yourself

• Yeah I was single for 3 years in between my last relationship and my current one

• Isn't it great?

I miss being single...

• 3 years

• 6months... i'm single for more than 6 years

Oh wow :/

yea... it sucks. Try being an unattractive guy... man the struggle. I wish i was in your shows just for once

What Girls Said 2

• hey there, i had a break up a year and a half ago saw eachother at weekends for a bit then finished it nine months ago, I've had encounters which i realised were doing me no good really. so now alone and i agree can be brutal but are we not doing good to ourselves by waiting? i have moments of feeling like faultering to fulfill desire but where will it get me, what are we holding out for? most of what i see is the casual expectations out there not wanting any comittment? all doing my head in a bit actually xx

• Yes I have! I usually just keep myself busy and whatnot, or, I will simply take myself on a date :). it will get better and you will heal from whatever or whoever hurt you