Why is everyone else around me with someone and I am alone?

I have been finding for the last year and a bit that everyone around me (family, friends, strangers) are with someone and are in a happy relationship while I am single and alone. Every time I put myself out there I am either dealing with fuckboys or the guy I like only sees me as a friend.

I am a very confident person but it makes me feel unwanted and needy. My friends feel sorry for me because I am the only one who is single and one of them (who is younger than me) says, "oh don't worry, you're still so young" or "don't rush, you're only 21". Coming from someone who is already talking about kids and marriage...

I am scared that I am going to end up like some family members, which is all alone and without anyone. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• It will happen soon enough, I'm single again too and it's harder now at my age so you have plenty of time

Most Helpful Girl

• Its your mindset it what it is and I think you think to hard about this because I know who that feels and I have been there and done that. Start to look on the positive and bright side as you are only bringing yourself down by looking at everyone else and not yourself. :) :) :)

What Guys Said 17

• You're not the only one. Last year I had some unlucky situations and months ago when I finally found a girl who wanted to ask out on a date I got rejected. Oh, I'm 22 xD

Unfortunately, these things happen. What is gone is gone, what we did we did, what worked worked and what didn't work didn't work. One thing is certain: if we stop looking for what we want, we'll certainly end up alone. So, all we can do is not giving up.

• Well you are certainly not alone...
    Some people who are ugly even have gfs... and I don't but that's because I am not trying to date...

Maybe even I will get one if I try... But I am not interested at the moment or didn't find anyone...

Some people just have the luck I guess

• @musiclover1359, I see that you live in Australia... AUSTRALIA IS IN A MAN DROUGHT!

Its is so bad that the Catholic Church is advising women not be too picky to avoid an Aussie man drought, the Catholic Church has warned.

www.couriermail.com.au/.../story-e6freooo-1226348149681

And here is a chart showing how bad it is...

mccrindle.com.au/the-mccrindle-blog/man-drought

Oh my god... the first story you shared was absolutely devastating.

musiclover1359, you said that your friend feel sorry for you because you are single. I have to ask...

1. Are your friend's boyfriends good men? Are they F*boys?
      2. Have you asked your friends for an honest opinion about you?
      3. What do your friend's boyfriends think of you? Are you "girlfriend material"?
      4. Or, is it that "dating scene" as described in the video that bad for you as well?

• stay away from players and go for nice guys instead, asking guys out and not waiting for them to do everything also helps.
    girls tend to fall for players, alpha males, bad boys, and jerks, so thats always the problem.

• I'm 28 and all my friends have children except for me. They aren't all married but they are in long term relationships. I don't really feel alone. If it happens for me then it happens but if it doesn't it doesn't. I'm not too fussed over it.

Just keep putting yourself out there and don't be in a rush.

• Based on our usernames, maybe we are meant for each other ❤️

• Because you simply haven't found the right guy for you. It will come just be patient.

• your not alone. im single since more than 5 years too. and i have no friends

• Wait... you're an Aussie girl? I'll date you. :-D

• Why do you fear being alone?

• Ur not alone hang in there!

• You're not alone. you can "friend" me.

• Don't rush into anything. I have no girlfriend and i know the struggle at times. But you shouldn't just settle for anyguy. Sometimes love takes its time and all you got to do is carry on with your life and who knows what the future holds. I know it sucks at times but you have to remain calm else you will end up chasing love and that will leave you sad. So do the things you enjoy for now and just leave the door open and when love comes knocking give it a chance. Don't settle for F$%^boys and stupid guys. Stay patient

• Take deep breath and relax. Ok, you are young just like your friends are telling you. Enjoy your life right now, have fun. When you least expect it you'll find someone. Don't be too hard on yourself. Yes, it blows having to see everyone around you all lovey touchy. But the reality is it's not always what you see. It takes a lot of work from two people to get a relationship that'll last a lifetime.

• love comes to you when you least expect it, that's all i know

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I feel you, I am in the same boat as you, right now focus on yourself and you will find the right guy. You aren't going to end alone. Give it time everyone has a different path and you may find a guy in a year or two. Don't let this bother you. Give it time.

• All I can say is that it happens when you lest expect it. It really really does. You just have to be out there, smiling and happy. Not skulking alone in your bedroom ☮💟😊