Guys, can sex really be meaningless in some cases or is this just not true?

So one of my guy friends always tells me about the girls he sleeps with, some are one night stands and a few might be more than once but still meaningless.
How is it possible that sex is just sex? Can it really just be meaningless?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it's that meaningless. At least it can be.

We'd have no reason to lie about that.

If you can't even wrap your head around the fact that guys feel differently about sex, you'll never understand men.

To men, sex can be a pleasurable act for its own benefit. Like a good drink.

What Guys Said 21

• Absolutely can! Especially if you don't feel more than a light physical attraction, perhaps even lack of repulsion for the other person, and you are (pardon the expression) horny as fuck.

Sex is often driven by a physical need, like hunger. I don't feel romantic feelings for food, either. Don't get me wrong, the romantic feelings have been there, but they came by means other than sex.

• Here is an example of meaningless sex...
    Nice party, people getting a little drunk...
    Female says to male, I have always wanted to jump your bones...
    It happens...
    Next day each wakes at their own home suffering from a hangover not really sure if it was a dream or reality...
    Each hopes the other does not remember...
    Tell me this has never happened before and I will call BS!

Just my opinion

• Yes it can be meaningless. You two feel attractionand you wanna fuck. You wanna scratch the itch. After the itch is gone, it's over - at least until it comes back.

• Sex with a prostitute is 100% just meaningless in my opinion.
    No feelings, no fun.

• For some it can be just a physical thing - I don't understand it either but it works for them

• It's pretty meaningless... yes.

Remember to most guys it is literally just placing a penis into a wet hole. Literally... just placing a penis into a wet hole.

There is no real emotion associated with it other than the arousal.

• of course it can... if you really don't care for the girls' personality but want to fuck her because you're physically attracted to her... totally means nothing. I have to be attracted to HER (person) to have sex mean something.

• Sure sex can be meaningless.
    Think of it as simply "using" each other. I've used some girls as i know some girls wanted my dick (and cum lol) .

But i simply don't enjoy it as much as when there is a connection... thats when sex gets steamy/passionate and messy

• Can be meaningless in many cases ha

• It is meaningless if the person on the other end is irrelevant to you.

• Sex is like any other physical activity , it may be something special with feeling or meaningless just like drinking , some times you drink because it's a new drink and you want to try it and sometimes the drink is special like water and you can't live without it.
    I'm just curious why you thought that it's meaningless for the guy only and didn''t think that it maybe be the same for the girls he slept with too?

• All it means is she is attractive. If he is willing to put up with her on a daily basis means he likes her.

• Depends what you mean by "Meaningless". At the end of the day, sex doesn't have to have emotion attached to it, and it can just be for the dopamine rush it gives. Sometimes it's just about satisfying a need, much like eating when you're hungry.

• It can yes

• Yeah, you can have sex with someone easily. Don't forget protection 👋🏼 just try it. It's not that hard

• Sad to say but it can be meaningless. It depends on how you two feel about each other. Speaking from experience

• I guess it can if you're just tryin to hit it and quit it. I don't really like to do that though

• Absolutely. Some guys more than others. Some guys are just the type of person where they can just "fuck'em and forget'em."

• It's not meaningless to me, and I would never date or marry a woman who ever treated it as such at any point in her life.

• yes if they are just fuck buddies

• He's a weirdo.