Why do women try to befriend the opposite sex?

There's too much tension between men and women to be friends. why even bother? Men and women are only meant to be lovers not friends. so stop trying to befriend your enemy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait... first you said we're lovers and then you said we're enemies? Which is it? Lol

I can be friends with men because, unlike some people, I appreciate them for their company and companionship and not just their genitals.

My best guy friend and I have been friends for 7 years. The other night, we exchanged our favorite porn videos because we both had trouble finding good ones. Who doesn't want a friend like that? 😛

Too bad you lee keep his child away from him huh... gotcha

Why would you date women since you obviously hate them?

They take your children and deny your your rights. .. men only got rights if he with the child's mother

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, great...
    Please don't make the situation any worse than it already is.
    The sexes should be FRIENDS, not ENEMIES. I firmly believe this; why should there be so much fuss over something you didn't even decide? We should work together! Why is there always a "battle"?
    FRIENDS, PEOPLE. GET ALONG!

She keeps you from your kids
      She lies and tells them you don't love them
      She takes all losses ons and expects you to pay alimony
      She gets you locked up if your broke and can't afford it

Dude fathers got no rights women win

That doesn't make all women bad! They didn't all make it that way!

What Girls Said 10

• It's a two-way street and it's only tension when there is attraction and no control between both parties. Men and women have to get along, we're human beings with needs of friendship. I have a guy friend from childhood who I'm not the least bit attracted to in anyway but he's always giving me the male perspective on things and that helps a lot. Most men make better friends than females from what I've experienced in the past. Women are extremely tough to deal with.

Well it's killing the dating scene. girl women get jealous she break up with guy... then keeps his child away thinking he cheated on her... congrads forvhaving all the rights. FEMINISM WINS

Do fathers got rights? Yes or no?

Yes they do. I'm still a believer that the justice system favors fathers more actually. You are confused if you believe otherwise. Feminism is a myth. This is a mans world and women just live in it. It's a fact and I've seen it all this time from youth. A mans ego is like fine china. Can't be tampered with and heavily handled.

• Half my friends are guys. It's actually pretty easy to get along with the opposite sex when you don't live your life full of bitterness

• Because men are fun to talk to? Why wouldn't I want a fun friend? :/

I mean, most people I know have friends of the opposite sex. What's the big deal?

Too bad you hate your ex and keep his kids away

Enjoy taking away his parental rights

I'm sorry if that happened to you. But if this is how you normally act, then it isn't a surprise it happened. You need to work on becoming a better man. Your weakness is repulsive.

• Tension happens if there's some type of attraction. I have male friends and there's no tension at all between us.

• Lol, kinda true

• lol lovers are enemies #OK

• This is... so stupid.

• ... is this real?

• At least half of my friends are guys.

• lol are you serious?

Too bad you keep kids from your ex... all women are the same

Do fathers got rights where you live?

Ignore this troll, he's always saying stuff like this. It doesn't matter what you say, he goes off on one.

What Guys Said 11

• man, im sick of this enemy mentality, i wish people would stop already with men VS women. and besides, how can you be lovers when you are enemies but not friends how does that make any sense man?

• Actually, one of my best friends is a girl. There's no tension or anything, just one human enjoying the company of another

• I could only be friends with a girl and not develop feelings if
    1. She's unnatractive
    2. She has slept around.

Otherwise, if she has all the traits I would want in a friend, in addition to being attractive and modest, then I'm most likely going to want to be more than friends.

• The OP certainly has an opinion.
    I tend to disagree and here is why:
    Men and women can be "just friends"
    Married women can have men "friends" that truly do enjoy each others company.
    To think women don't need or have men friends is absurd, and I do not mean that as a diss.
    Women are people, they just happen to be the other half of people that are not men. (I know per capita there are more women than men, just making a point)

Just my opinion

• Why shouldn't they?

• Calm down, not every girl is like what you describe in your replies.

• They significantly value male attention. I have posted many times why men shouldn't be friends with women.

We can't succeed in a world where men are only friends with men and women only friends with women. It's not realistic. We all need to just get along and stfu. We just need to control ourselves!

Then if you want more go on a freakin dating site or lay that out from the beginning! Women aren't mind readers dear. You can't give off the "friend" vibe and expect her to make the moves on you. That's not the way it works. Men need to be more upfront and women need to reciprocate. A man has to say from the BEGINNING that he eventually wants a relationship or that he wants it right away. That's how you win, be forward and honest. Boo-boo to all the men who get friendzoned. It's as just their faults if you ask me. Communication is dead in today's society and that's the sad part. Look, if a man has more female friends than male friends maybe, but an equal amount or a few close female friends from school or work, that's another thing.

@Queen_naki5 100% right about being upfront. There is only yourself to blame for the friendzone. I think the guys who try to pull the friends first crap in order to eventually get with her are pathetic, but on the other hand lots of women claim they want 'friends first' which doesn't help. I'd just like to say if a man ask you for your number and to go get a drink than that is upfront as he can be without coming across as intimidating. If you give him your number and go out than it is implied that we're not going to just be friends. It's usually safe to assume he's not trying to be your friend.

• "There's too much tension between men and women to be friends."

such as?

• Another bitter babble...

• Girls who think they have actual guy "friends'" are naive and foolish.
    Guys do not make time and go out of their way to be around girls they are no trying to have sex with, EVER.
    Those who say otherwise are simply lying.
    Even if they have a current partner... you are a sexual interest and even if they don't actually try anything... they are waiting for their turn.

• Spoken like a guy who will die a virgin.

Women love having friends and making friends. Regardless of gender. As a general rule, a woman defines herself through her social ties.