Is it harder or easier to meet people to date once you're out of school?

2mo Where do you look for people to date after school?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, generally, it is easier to find people to date while you're in school, because you're in a very concentrated area of peers close to your age with similar interests, therefore you have a higher degree of probability of finding someone you like and want to ask our or be asked out by.

After school, you then have college/university and the same principle is going to apply here, because again you're in school and you're going to be around individuals close to your age and interest and peer group and you'll have a better chance of finding someone to form a bond with.

However, that being said, outside of school, the best place to find someone to date and meet in this modern age and with the Internet is to perhaps use a social media site or dating site, because then you can concentrate your search around those areas you are interested in and meeting others with similar interest again and it is safer, generally speaking, then going out to a bar or club, because you have that safety net of the Internet working for you.

If, however, you want to meet someone in person and do your search that way, then reflect first upon what you like and the type of person you want to meet, and then you can do a search, again on the Internet, of local hangouts, gatherings, and mixers where you can mingle with this select group and then again you'll have a high degree of probability of finding someone you are compatible with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not speaking from experience because that would imply that I have some. Nevertheless, it would be easier to date once you're out of school because you will meet different people. I go to an all girls school (I'm in year 13) and once I go off to university (still school) I'll meet different people so it'd probably be easier to date

What Guys Said 17

• It is not harder or easier after high school or college, it is different because the playing field is much larger and widely diverse. On campus your selection group is filtered meaning that the population is roughly the same age, same goal plan, same lifestyle.

Outside campus, you are exposed to all ages, all levels of education, and people who really should not be roaming the streets, but are restricted to off-campus.

Many singles in your age range often refer to hookup services rather than try to hit the local pubs. Neither choice is safe but they are what they are.

Just my opinion

• It has alot' to do with where you live (city, suburbs, rural) and what type of work you do. It's easy meeting people in HS and College. You spend hours in a defined area with other people your age that aren't married or in a relationship. It'll never be that easy ever.

You have to learn how to socialize outside your comfort zone. OR, you can just wait for people to come to you.

• Defiantly harder but depends on the person I guess

School is that channel that allows you to talk to anyone you like and automatically share a common ground but if you can do that outside of a school setting, its all the same (just requires more work)

• For men, depending on their social status in school, it could be easier or harder. Right now for me is hands down my easiest time ever. My brother who was a jock and had all the ladies in school, isn't so successful now.

The one thing school and college gives guys is the "social popularity thing" that attracts women. Which is hard to get once you out of school.

• Way easier! You're longer confined to people that you know with "reputations" You are free to seek potential dating material at your leisure.. Don't bother with dating sites lol guys are way too thirsty.

• Harder. Not because there are less people but because people are pickier.

In high school, you were friends with whoever was next to you. The only criteria was that they were right next to you and they weren't a total asshole.

Now, we want people to share the same goals/hobbies/passions/schedule/ and so on.

• I found it to be about the same.

• I think it's about the same. You'll meet new people in new places :)

• I don't know. My HS was only boys school (600 students and 5 girls). College is similair, but there are a bit more girls (not in my class though). I had more luck during HS.

• depends on the person. but for me its more impossible. due to being an ugly guy.

• Depend on your occupation. And whether you're talking HS, or college. It probably also depends on the size of the city in which you live. I definitely think it's more difficult after college.

• Yes.

• Harder.

• Once out of school people may have to date down a bit more.

• Depends where you live what you do and how much time you have to do things you enjoy and if they help you meet women.
    For me it's definitely much harder i'm in the country and my interests engineering and IT
    My uni was more girls than guys and all my age sure i was younger but use to ski with girls study with girls play sports with girls kiss and go home with girls from night clubs
    now none of my friends are girls I don't go out drinking my social group is an engineering club I tried spinning but it was inconvenient ment paying for a gym membership and was nothing like the same social atmosphere as a study group in uni or the sports teams or my engineering group so i gave up also my hair is thinning!

• It can be much harder depending on what kind of work you do once you finish school.

• I'd hope it be easier since I've never and probably won't ever be (en) in school.

What Girls Said 5

• I moved to a new city, became a member of two Churches, made friends with all my neighbors and church friends friends, went to clubs, and just house parties

• I think most people find it harder. But that's probably because they aren't very social and are afraid to talk to people.

I think if you are open to meeting new people and put yourself out there you'll be fine :)

• Easier in college for me.

• I'd say it's harder because you're not around as many people day to day

• I think so