Would a woman waste two nights out on a guy she really wasn’t interested in…or make out with him?

I’ve had [what I thought] two really solid dates with this girl, but I still can’t get a handle on whether or not she really likes me. The only time we really talk is when we’re making plans for another date. I’ll text her here and there and she doesn’t really engage in it too much. Worse yet, she talks about her ex a little more than I’d like.

On the positive side, we have kissed on both dates (even kissed her neck on the second date) and the conversation always keeps flowing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it from someone who learned the hard way. When a girl mentions her ex far too much, than your just a rebound guy. There's no way your going to win her over, when she's still trailing on her feelings for her past love. To be honest, your just a current subject to her. Meant to soother her boredom.

The minute her ex wants back in her life, your on the sidelines.

What Girls Said 2

• First, why are you trying to "figure" things out after two dates...I think that is where most of us go wrong...To fast and to furious... The talking about the ex as well as the staying a bit distant with convo is/can be a protective mechanism...It keeps you back a bit further until we get a handle on whether we want to continue seeing you...I can only speak to my own experiences but usually guys want to get much to serious far toooooo quickly...and I have come up with my own ways of distancing...Myself, I'm pretty strait forward and am more likely to speak directly and tell you to back up, but I know I'm not the common...As long as she's still accepting your invitations then I think you're doing just fine...Be happy with that and go with the flow...Just by what you're saying, you have put the choice in her hand, for both of you...Guess you'll just have to go with it and see what happens...WHy don't you spend your spare time thinking of creative things to do instead of trying to figure out a girl...Hasn't anyone told you yet...That's just not possible...:-)

• this doesn't sound promising.

What Guys Said 1

• Dump her and move on - Talking about the ex is a horrible sign when you are first getting together.

~ ArtistBBoy