Please help! Should I go on this date?

So I'm a 25 year old waitress at major breakfast chain (won't specify)... and today a man about 46 years old with mostly gray hair came and sat at the counter to eat. He was really attractive and really built (maybe ex-military?) I've already got some weird, mild fettish-type thing going where I'm strangely attracted to older men. I kept catching him staring at me the entire time he stayed, and I ended up checking him out at the register when he was ready to leave. He got serious after he paid and asked if I was seeing anyone. I said no because I'm not good at lying. He said he'd like to take me on a date, and I gave the guy my number and can expect a call next Friday... Can someone tell me what a guy his age would want with a 25 year old waitress with a kid. Everything seems a little suspect... Is there a chance he's genuine or is he having a midlife crisis? I can't think like a 46 year old man, so if anyone is on here close to that, can you share your input? thanks lol

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy is 46 years old and single, almost every available woman has children. so that factor stops being an issue. You are young and attractive and it always makes people feel younger when they are involved with a younger partner. That does not mean that his interest is a midlife crisis/passing phase. If you try to analyze this and are overly skeptical, you can ruin it for yourself.

One date with him may convince you that he is crazy or it may start making you think that he is a decent guy. Judge him for who he is and not for his age and keep yourself open to the possibility that a slightly different relationship may have much happiness to offer you. (And most older men are very attentive lovers.)

What Guys Said 5

• You would be like a breath of fresh air to him. Women his age are basically broke down older hags, to be blunt. You are young and sexy with lots of energy and life.

• Just ask yourself a simple question question: Why does more and more younger guys date older women? Now you have your answer. It's the same but reversed.

• remember, you're someone who's being paid to be nice, he may have took it as interest. the more you flirt, the bigger the tip you get

• He probably wants a LTR and a family. Maybe he had an ex that took his kids away, or he had the kind of job before that didn't give him the opportunity to have a family until now.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• you are over thinking. if you find him attrative. talk over the phone, get to know him. if it all sounds good. then go out.
    let us know how it goes.