Why is it often or generally said that dating gets harder for women as they get older, as they reach their 30's and beyond? but easier for men?

The reason why i ask this, is because older women are still able to get dates, get boyfriends, relationships, or married, so i don't get it? people, society, make it out to be that women lose their value, attractiveness as they reach 30+, but yet, so many women are still able to go on dates, get relationships or boyfriends even as we get older.

1|0
8|15

Most Helpful Guy

• This is easy to answer.
    1. When men and women are young, men want to get laid - more so than women and this is because of testosterone which is flowing like beer from a
    busted keg. Men have little experience with the costs involved with women nor do they care because, without that experience, all those costs are abstract. Put in economics terms: For women, they are at an advantage because it's a "Sellers Market". They can make demands and guys will put up with them because they want to "buy" sex - that is, get laid. However, as men age, they are less ruled by their penis and so it becomes less of sellers market for women.
    2. Older men have experience with women. They now know and understand the drama and baggage that women have and can cause. So, no longer being ruled by their penis, they can opt to not even get into relationships - after all, it's cheaper and less stressful.
    3. Finally, older women have to compete with younger women. Not just in looks, but in things like reproductive viability and baggage. In other words, in economic terms, it's now a "Buyers Market" for men and sex.

So, that's it really... with time, the sex/relationship market goes from a Sellers Market favoring women to a Buyers Market favoring men.

This doesn't mean it's all bad for older women at all. On the plus side, lots of older men enjoy older women because they are more mature. An older guy knows himself better and what he wants more than righteous tatas and a nice BJ are loyalty and safety and less stress. In other words, maturity. Older couples recognize the imperfections in each other and accept that. Also, older women usually have their shit together. Their experience and income and stability can be enticing to a younger man.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I heard this too. Men get more established and wealthy. Women's looks decline... it goes by what makes the opposite sex attracted to you

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I don't thik the statement is true. Whoever said it was drunk. I know quite a few older guys who have hard time getting dates, I also know older women who have hard time. It isn't age but it is dating skills, availability, emotional availability.

at some point, men do better at an older age ifthey have skills because they become confident/financial settled and women like that. Women get older, and men like a woman to be attractive physically. she can be at an older age, but that does trail off right. I think it is a generality.

0|0
    0|1
  • Men remain fertile longer (which is why signs of physical aging in men aren't perceived as ugly as they are in women) and benefit more from high status/financial success on the dating market.

Over the age of 30 it becomes more difficult for women, not impossible and she can hold off the decline longer if she takes good care of herself, but generally it will become more difficult. This automatically means that for older men things get easier because women over 30 become increasingly desperate.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

still, lots of women in their 30s and 40's get married, go on dates or have a boyfriend

• 2mo

Yes, and so do lots of guys in their 20s, they just have to work hard for it and can't afford to be very picky. Over the age of 30 the tables turn.

• Yes, it becomes more difficult for women and much easier for men.
    This video is worth 35 minutes of your life. It will help you to understand what is about to happen in your life:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9MREmmWWc

0|1
    1|1
  • Unfortunately for women, much of their value lies with their beauty. Now days, even more emphasis is put onto the appearance of a female because most dont want to be house wives. Taking care of cleaning, cooking and supporting the family. If a woman shows a willingness to sacrifice to raise a family she is instantly more attractive.

For men they are valued for their material possessions and accomplishments
    Young men usually dont have as much things to offer or prestige as an older man would

That why younger gals go after older guys and vice versa

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone start to lose their "values "once aging, including men.

The reason why some guys increase their "values" in the dating game is not because they look better but they could be more successful. An attractive guy who isn't successful when he aged loses his"value" too.

0|2
    0|0
  • That's really dependant on the person, but I guess it's because men don't really have that "biological time bomb clock" I never really care for it tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • its mostly generalizing, its only harder for them because they make it that way. for guys its always difficult because most guys dont have that luxury in getting who they want, its always up to the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women approaching 30 get desperate to find someone, so most of the times they are willing to settle for a little less than say at 25 when they feel they have a safety net to risk a few years

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably because guys look more "mature" 😅if you get me? Like girls probably like the silver fox thing. I honestly don't know sorry this was just a thought😅😅😅

0|1
    0|0
  • I always hear women in their 30s complaining that too many guys want younger women

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

do they do it often?

• 2mo

Everyday. But they should be looking for older men, if you're 30 you should be looking for someone older 40+ to give you a good chance of finding someone. Not your age or younger.

• after the age of 30 and appraoching 40
    fertility fades away

0|0
    0|0
  • The world is full of mixed stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • By 30, women are already losing their healthy youthful appearance and fertility. 35 is the reasonable upper limit for having kids. Sure you could still get dates at 30-35+, you don't instantly become gross, but it could and would only be better if you were late teens or early twenties. There's also other things at play that don't necessarily mean that just because it looks like you can still get dates and whatever doesn't mean everything is right with the world.

By 30, men are only getting richer, more skillful, more independent, consequentially more confident.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

but still, lots of women over 30 are still able to get dates, get boyfriends and even married

• 2mo

Again, that doesn't necessarily mean that everything is right with the world, doesn't mean that it's a good thing, doesn't mean that it's a good situation, etc.

And just because they can get dates doesn't mean wouldn't be better if they were younger.

• Because your looks fade and men get richer when they're older.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• It's a generalization and mostly has to do with straight people, but the answer to your question is basically because Men tend to care more about looks and the older the woman gets, the further away she is from her peak as far as her physical beauty goes. And Women tend to care more about other things beyond looks, so an older guy is more attractive to them than a younger one.

0|0
    0|2
  • I can't say that holds any truth today. a lot of the younger kids look older than people twice their age. Plus women aren't marrying and they have money , can get work done and stay youthful and freeze their eggs. Sayings like that truly dont hold water today. Times have changed , kids look hella old and physically are older as well.

0|0
    0|1
  • Maybe has to do with previous generations and how they perceive themselves

0|0
    0|1
  • Lol I haven't found that at all. When I was single... I had no problem getting a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • men think that money can buy love

0|0
    0|1
  • I am 26 going on 27 soon and haven't found this true at all.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because men see it as women get more desperate to settle down, have kids etc by then.

0|0
    0|1