Should I be more receptive when guys approach me on the street?

The other day I was walking around campus and a guy was staring at me while we walked past each other. I ignored it because I'm used to people staring at me. Then I had to turn around (after we passed) because I was lost. He turned back and noticed, and started waving him arms from down the block at me to get my attention. I ignored it.

Now I feel terrible. In my head I was thinking he should have just come up and spoke to me but the occurred to me that he may have been shy or whatever. I also think I was being stuck up or he at least thought I was. I told my sister and she asked how did I expect to meet people if I didn't talk to them?

Now I'm thinking I should be more open and accepting when someone approaches me in terms street. What do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You don't have an obligation to speak to anyone in public. Like... how weird is it that this guy is still watching you from BLOCKS away?

You meet people at school, work, church, volunteering, etc...

But then again I'm p sure this is a fake question so.

This is actually a real thing. And he wasn't a block away, just further down the block we were both on. My sister pointed out to me that I could have been nicer.

I don't think you were rude so I wouldn't worry about it.