How do Asian people's parents react when their child date someone's out of their race?

Like black, white, Indian, etc...

• Bad, they tend to be more judgmental about race
  • They aren't that judgmental

Most Helpful Girl

• If their kid dates and doesn't get A's then they gonna give someone an ass whooping.

Most Helpful Guy

• What kinds of Asian?
    They're very diverse.
    Are black Americans the same with black African?

Are all whites the same with Italians, white Americans or white Russians?

and even some middle Easterners are considered Caucasian too.

What Girls Said 5

• I grew up in international schools all my life, but my family (except my uncle) didn't, so they don't particularly like me dating anyone who's not Asian or white. I hate that they're like that, but there isn't much I can do. It's not like they make me break up with someone if they're black or anything though. They just don't feel comfortable.

• Depends on how traditional they are I suppose.

• Well I'm South East Asian and it's a lot of stereotypical reasons most of the time

LOL My brother has been dating a Southeast Asian woman for 5 years, and she won't marry him because he wouldn't be accepted by her family. He's cool with it though. // Off topic, I know a Southeast Asian woman who married within her culture. On HER WEDDING NIGHT, she woke up at 2 AM and asked her new husband, "What is that noise downstairs". He replied, "That is my parents moving in"...

@ArrowheadSW yeah South East Asian people are often quite conservative and traditional. A lot of the time the family wants the son/daughter to marry within the race. Having the whole family living under the one roof is also traditional. Living under a big double storey house. Sounds awkward :/

LOL Yes and that particular lady is Southeast Asian herself, and was taken by surprise at her new in-laws moving in. She has always had great difficulty with her arrangement with her husband. They do not have a relationship and she in no way enjoys being married from what I can see. She hates to go home after work. // My brother's relationship is fine and he enjoys it, but his girlfriend won't marry him for cultural reasons but that isn't a bad thing.

• I think it's a stereotype lol

• I'm going to take a wild guess that if their child brought home a black person it might be worse than say a white person, but I am just generalizing here

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on how conservative they are.
    If they are the sort that got an altar in their home , WULP.

• It depends of the ethnic group of the person they're dating. Asians parents tend to be accepting of their children dating white people.

• They aren't that judgmental