Why are black people a race still looked down on?

I joined POF and only got 3 responses after a month, I thought it was weird because my friend is always on going on dates with women he met on POF or OK Cupid. As an experiment I found the picture of a random white man I found on Google, made a new profile with the pic, and just copied and pasted the exact same information from my own profile. The experimental profile got 37 responses in less than 2 days! I tried the same experimenter on OK Cupid with the same kind of results. Tried the experiment again, but instead of using my own picture, I used the picture of a black male model, again, very few responses for the black profile, unreal amount of responses for the white one.

I don't get it, how can everyone have the same "preference"? What do black people have to do to prove that we're equal? DISCLAIMER: It wasn't just white women who had these lopsided responses, Asian and Hispanic women were just as biased towards the white profile, disproving any theory about "being with your own kind"

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, which is why I hate being black sometimes. Due to the recent violence in BLM, people think we are criminals, thugs, and just bad people in general which is not true at all. Also, black women are considered the "least attractive race" which is also total bs.

Please do not hate yourself for being who you are.
      I would encourage you to be the best person that you can be. Become an example of the sort of people who black Americans can be, if they make the decision to be successful.
      If you are unaware of the history of how the black Americans came to be the way that so many of them are today, I would encourage you to look up the history of black societal markers such as criminality, illegitimate births, unemployment and single-parent families during the 20th Century, up until Lyndon Johnson's Great Society.
      The welfare gravy train was intended to destroy black Americans and turn them into a welfare dependent underclass that would vote Democrat forever.
      To quote something that Lyndon Johnson was reported to have said in private: "I will have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years."
      The disastrous state of the black population of the USA is not an accident. It is the result of a deliberate programme.

I hate being black sometimes, and there's so many racists on this website who comment "facts" and "statistics" in order to make us look bad all the time.

The facts are the facts, but you as an individual do not have to contribute to the negative statistics.
      You get to choose your own path.

Most Helpful Guy

• White privilige doesn't exist
    -white man

What Girls Said 11

• I have always wondered about the racial bias towards whites. Is it because of eurocentric beauty standards? Or is it genuine that so many people prefer white.
    Being dark sucks sometimes, I know lots of black friends of mine read the "no black men" on online dating sites and get so disheartened, they just forego it altogether.

I have never tried online dating, I feel it's extremely shallow and selective. Online anything is pretty much the same problems in society, but magnified, many times to an unreal extent. I'm not saying being picky is bad, but when it's the norm (supposedly) to ask or declare your income, or even filter out based on it, that's crazy lol Gold diggers rejoice!

>>>>>>"Is it because of eurocentric beauty standards? Or is it genuine that so many people prefer white."

^ It's the 1st reason. From anthropology, we learn that beauty standards change depending on time and space and circumstance. Whoever is in power tends to get called the most desirable. It enforces the power structure of society. Fun fact is that during the Roman Empire, Romans considered the Western and Northern Europeans --- whom they encountered during their conquests --- as a weird-looking and unattractive bunch. xD Of course nowadays, with the more recent history of hundreds of years of imperialism by Western/Northern European powers, people of that descent tend to be considered beautiful now. xD Nonwhites are still subject to that legacy of colonialism, which is why it gets in so many people's heads that "white is beautiful".

• I don't know but I personally have dated and had sex with black men, irrespective of the public reaction I got for doing it.

Kudos to you for being brave, unlike my ex that broke up with me because her parents were bigots

You dodged a bullet and deserve better. I hope you find it. Cheers xo

• It is bcs some females are dumb

• psychologically due to television race will always be an issue
    a great example of this is the fascination with Hitler Americans seem to have every year they always come out something with Hitler
    Hitler's always been the pop culture of America

• Because they are majority not black. Mostly black people like black people, the rest prefer themselves or white people. To be fair, I have a latina friend who only likes black guys. It's not a fetish or anything, she just sincerely is only attracted to black men. She's dating this African guy and they seem really in love.

Most black people on like to date other black people? Maybe in Africa or the Caribbean NOT in America! Black men of all ages, educational levels, and regions put white women on a pedestal. That's why in black families you get pat on the back if you bring a white person home.

Now that is simply not true

• I don't know, I was on dating sites and I got messages from guys all the time. Most of them were black, but several white guys messaged me, too. So I can't answer your question.

• That's terrible... This is why being black sucks sometimes

• I could care less tbh.

Sexual attraction is not the same as racism. I get that "preference" is sometimes a stupid ass word people hide behind when in actuality...

• Maybe they feel black over there always with plenty baggages or do want to date people outside their race

• People are going to date who they want. They have preferences.

• This is stupid. Many people prefer their own race. People that don't usually have a reason, they could have had bad a relationship with a certain race. As a whole black men treat their women differently, some for the worst.

If it's a question of preference for one's own race, how do you explain the Asian and Hispanic women heavily preferring the profile with the picture of the white man?

@RedThread Stop dating black women altogether because of one experience? no. But I'm wondering where you're going with this.

I'm talking to her not you.

What Guys Said 9

• I have to agree that it is odd but that's hardly a scientific study. And statistically marriage outside one's race is very uncommon. Do you have any real basis for all your claims because if you don't then it is just stereotypes exactly like what you are complaining about.

• Sorry dude, but you're telling me a guy got messaged 37 times on an online dating site in 2 days? Yeah right hahahah Either he was Adonis, or this "experiment" never happened xD

• I've heard online dating can be very difficult for white guys too. I heard it's really hard to get much acknowledgment from women in general.

• Because some Saltines NEED to look down on others to feel good.

• Lets say it's true, and lets say it's simply peoples preference, are they not allowed to have preference? Should everybody be forced to date you just because of your skin colour?

Or lets say they dont like your haircut (race unimportant here), should they all date you just so they dont hurt your feelings.

It is one thing to be denied school or job because of skin colour, and that is unfair. But being denied date is not racist, it's called preference and having some kind of standards.

The point is: WHY are people so lopsided with preferences? If I tool a survey and 99% of people said that had the same preference for movies, books, or TV, you would assume that there was something wrong with the survey, but when it comes to dating you just accept it as normal.

No, I would assume you went into harry potter meeting club.

I don't know from which country you are, but most of the western world is predominately white, meaning that you should expect such outcome. Every organism chooses their own kin to mate.

• I heard Latino, Asian, Arab, Indian guys complaining about racism too. Do you guys want a contest that who has it worst in the dating game?

• I find that very difficult to believe, but I'm going to try it. Maybe it's your location?

• Other races suffer too dude. 😕. Asians get this problematic issue way worse. 🙁. I can understand. ☹️. People hate Asians. 😦. This viewpoint comes from just being Asian myself here. 😧.

Asian males do have a hard time, if you're a man an not white dating in general is a lot more difficult, but Asian women have it better than any other race besides white women. Asian women are the only group of women who are perceived to have beauty anywhere near what white women have. That's why White males who marry outside their race, marry Asians more than any other.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more