I'm at a low-point in my life, and my girlfriend doesn't seem to care as much?

So a few weeks ago, my girlfriend turned 18.. and during these past few weeks as well, I've been very hard on myself. (Lack of confidence, no motivation, sadness etc..)

My girlfriend has left me while we were hanging out twice to go out with her friends, and again tonight, she asked me to go out because she cancelled with her friends.. then I said no, but you can come over? (To make me a little happier) Then all of a sudden she said she had plans with her friends to go out.. I texted her how I felt, and it just doesn't seem like she cares.. it truly hurts me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this the same girlfriend you've asked about in yr previous questions? Those are mostly a year old, so, can't tell.
    If so, then, honestly, SHE might be PART of the problem! It might be unimaginable to think about ending yr relationship when you're already at a low point in yr life -- but, from the sound of things, *she* might actually be part of the reason WHY you're at a low point.
    You should think long and hard about this.

__

Beyond that --
    Sometimes, the two people in a couple just have vastly differing needs for things like socialization and "going out".
    Basically, if you have a couple that consists of one extrovert and one introvert... those differences will exist.

If you are the introvert in such a couple, then, yr girl might *need* more socialization than you do -- and that's the sort of thing you should talk about, and agree on TOGETHER.

On the other hand, for her, the way to handle the situation is not simply to shove off and leave you sitting there wondering about things. Where is her empathy? Geez.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump her man... she is too immature for a relationship...
    And stay single for a while and get your self esteem, confidence back then go find a nice mature girl for yourself...

What do you feel is too "immature?" I like that reply though, quite helpful.

Well she is way young so she doesn't have much empathy needed for a successful relationship...
      If she is gonna be that way and not support you eventually someone will feel unwanted and unsatisfied and finally breakup

And also there is no point in being with someone who doesn't care about you...
      So just dump her

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah I mean sometimes hanging out with someone down is a drag but when you love that person you should wan to see them happier. And to cancel once or go out with friends last minute once is one thing, but what she's doing is totally inconsiderate, especially if you ask her to come over because you're upset and she miraculously has plans all of a sudden.

You deserve a bit better than that.

I haven't seen previous posts though so I can't comment on what she may be like the rest of the time, but as redeyes said, if this is a long term thing it could be this neglect is contributing to your low point.

• I'm sorry but based did all your other questions your girlfriend sounds like a piece of shit.
    It seems like it's time to move on and find someone who will treat you better

• dump her. don't even bother wasting your time with a girl like her.

• she likes to party more than spend time with her hubby

• Well if it feels she doesn't care then leave. Your just dragging yourself down more

What Guys Said 5

• Your girlfriend seems to be very extroverted and has low conviction. Peter Thiel often refers to a spectrum where aspergrian obsessive thinkers who can only connect on a deep level sit on one side, while on the opposite side you have extroverted, social animals who connect at a shallow level very easily, but lack conviction.

The further two people are apart on this spectrum, the further the conflict of opposing values.

Your girlfriend appears to be very extroverted with low conviction, and probably became your girlfriend due to her ability to connect on a shallow level very easily. She can't understand your depth, and its maddening to you.

Dump her. She won't change and won't help you figure out your issues.

And you need to work on becoming the man that you ought to be.

• Stop being a pussy and man up. Sheesh,

• Leave or play it cold. You're basically her plan b in terms of friends and shit rn.

• You should break up lol.

• Dump her and find another broad, they are a dime a dozen.