White Guys, what do you think of Latinas?, Have you ever dated one? Would you consider dating one if you haven't?

I am asking this question out of curiosity cause I find that I really connect with Caucasian guys when it comes to dating due to my interests, music I listen to, upbringing etc. But living here in Texas, I feel it is hard to find ones that are open to dating a Hispanic girl. Am I not looking in the right places? Your thoughts?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even consider things like race/ethnicity. I take people on an individual basis. If we have a mutual attraction and a connection that's what matters to me.

Short answer: I've never been in a relationship with a woman who isn't white but I'm open to it.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm white and the only girl I ever dated so far was latina. I really liked being with her and she was a lot of fun and I would have no problem dating another latina. There were a couple of things though that made me hesitant with the particular girl I dated and she didn't end it very nicely but when things were going well I really liked being with her. Those things are probably more just her though and not a generalization of all latinas, so yeah I'd definitely date one again if I found one I liked.

Well I am glad you didn't let one bad experience dampen your image of hispanic girls. Each one is going to have different personality quirks.

Yeah I never generalize a race because of interactions with one person from that race. Really it wasn't that bad of an experience either, like I said I really enjoyed being with her and she had a great personality. She just had a couple habits that made me think if I really want to be in a long term relationship with someone who does these things, and also she ended up ending it very rudely. However overall most Hispanic girls that I met are really super nice and I find latinas to be very beautiful so yes I'm not changing my opinion based on one girl.

• Here in the Land Of Fruits And Nuts, there are lots of lovely Latina ladies. Running joke in the San Francisco area: The women who like men don't speak English, and the women who speak English don't like men.

That said, there are lots of White people who look Latina (Italian, Portuguese, Spaniard heritage) and lots of "Mexicans" who are, for all practical purposes, White, although the "browner" ones do tend to migrate to the USA.

• Here is my answer to a similar question.

Based on looks alone? Yeah, I like Hispanic girls a lot (especially the dark ones). However, I don't mesh well with the culture. A lot of Hispanic women (and men) have been rather racist towards me, or they didn't wish to have anything to do with me when I'd try to interact with them.

In theory, I should be able to get along with Latinas pretty well: I speak decent Spanish, grow Latin American crops (Maíz, frijoles, ayote / calabaza), like Hispanic music, enjoy family, and have a good work ethic. But, for whatever reason, they're seldom interested. Also, (yes, I'm generalizing) Hispanic culture is way too hypersexualized and prone to infidelity (I'm looking at you, Colombia).

Oh, well. ¿Es la vida, sí?

Sorry to hear something like that. Not sure what you look like, but if you showed interest in me, I would be flattered. As for me, I wouldn't make a guy be required to know everything about my culture in order to date me, but that is a plus! I as well could be comfortable around his culture cause I was born and raised here in America so it isn't even a second thought.

My professor was half white, but he wasn't Anglo. He was a Peruvian born mestizo, with 1/2 indígena and half Spanish origin. He spoke Spanish daily with Hispanic students in the course before class began; he just wouldn't do it with me. My Spanish vocabulary is rather small, but my pronunciation is good, and I can carry a conversation with native speakers.

Getting that kind of cold shoulder from native Spanish speakers has dampened my enthusiasm for learning the language quite a bit. In particular, one jerk from Colombia called me "cerdo americano imperialista" as soon as he found out where I was from, even though he was fine up until then. I was like, "¿Qué? ¿En serio, vato?" *eye roll*

• Latina doesn't automatically make you a prime candidate. Sure the ethnicity is well received but that won't be enough

You still have to find the right guy. Don't focus on 'im latina do any white guys want me'

Focus on just finding the right guy

• Sure thing. I don't see why not as long as she doesn't have overly insane strict parents. Healthy traditional views are appreciated, but some latin parents can be overbearing in that matter.

I know what you mean and luckily I was raised in a very small family (only one sibling) unlike your typical latin family where Machismo is the rule and every uncle and cousin has to give their seal of approval, it is ridiculous!! Luckily my parents let me have the freedom to choose who I want to fall in love with as long as he treats me right.

Thats good then. I mean I personally do have more traditional views - but it should be within moderation. Generally things that aren't in moderation are never a good thing.

true.

• I'm white and I find lots of latinas to be very gorgeous. But there's no Hispanic/Latina population in my country so the chances of me ever dating one is very small.

Where do you live?

Sorry, I don't catch the notification.

Anyway, haggis is basically a minced sheep's stomach... But to me it tastes like a slight sausage flavour and lamb mixed together. I love it. But my English and American friends hate it! xD

Definitely gonna have to try it and decide for myself, hopefully where they make it best, Scotland. Hoping to visit Europe sometime next year.

• Yeah you're just not looking in the right places. I've dated a hispanic gril, if you can call never having time to spend together dating. The relationship broke off mutually and on a good note, because she was SUPER busy in school activity, one of the best few relationships I've had though. :/

Aww that sucks! Yeah sometimes a busy schedule and other obligations can come between two people sucks but it happens. Sucks but it happens.

• I always wanted to date a Latina... Muy caliente!

• I'd be open to it.
    There are more coming to Canada so maybe I'll meet a cute one that's single and compatible with me soon.

• Sure I got no issues with being with a Latina.

Awesome! I just need to meet more guys with your kind of thinking

At the risk of sounding narcissistic, I have no qualms about showing myself to the world! Lol. Feel free to follow me or add me as a friend however it works on here haha oh and thanks!

Nah no worries your good, and lol yeah I have no issues with it either and sure thing, I'll follow ya lol, np.

• The hot ones are hot

• No, not for me.

• Mmmm mmmmmm!

• i have never dated one but they are alright.

• It's funny that some guys think latinas can't be white lol meet an argentinean girl and you'll mistake her for a german.

• I love in one of the whitest states in the country and I would date a Latin girl! I really see no reason why not. I'm surprise you have trouble in Texas being so close to the border

What state do you live in? Yeah I mean you would assume given the very large population of Hispanics esp here in Dallas where I live, but sadly I feel some have yet to open their minds from the traditional southern viewpoint regarding race.

Haha I can proudly say my family makes maple syrup !!! There really is no substitute.

nope, Can't go back now that I have had the real thing haha

• As I've gotten older I realize Latinas embrace their sexuality... and are consequently very attractive to me. I would hesitate to date one however, because they seem very family oriented, and I'd not expect her father to accept me.

See that is what kind of irks me about my own kind. I have had friends who will easily reject a guy and listen to the family members when they disapprove or say lies about them. Such BS! Your an adult you can make your own decisions. My dad was more than happy to meet my ex who was white.

• Hispanic women are, as most others just fine. I've dated a few. The christian/Catholic views aren't' too far different. I'm in Texas also.

• Latinas are my favorite

• Love them! <3
    Except the crappy ones.

• I have boned latinas. Very nice!

Very entertaining in the bedroom huh? ;)

I think they were all cousins or cousins of cousins or something. With that many, I'm sure someone could have just randomly knocked on the door and said "I'm your uncle Julio's great grand-nephew" and someone would have let them in. LOL

yeah, lol that sounds about right but still that is even more so of a reason it would be unacceptable because they are extended family and with all your cousins and aunts and uncles there should already be help available through another means or it sounds like they are wanting to mooch off of a successful family member by giving them a guilt trip of oh, but soy familia (we're family) One thing I respect about Caucasian families is the importance of self-sufficiency. Just cause your related to me doesn't mean I have to carry the full weight of taking care of you, of course there are exceptions such as serious illness, but if you are able bodied, you are on your own. Your friends should put their foot down!

• This is my personal experience, I find them to be one of my favorite women. They are very fun to be around, they're loving, and they care about their men more than most white women. The latina's I've dated have generally been better than white girls.

I agree, that is why I wish they would give it a shot by stepping out of their comfort zone of dating girls with similar looks or background and know in the end it is a decision they surely won't regret. I loved and adored my ex, but unfortunately he didn't appreciate and I bet it would be hard for him to find an equally devoted or loyal girl.

• I've no problem with them. I've never dated one. i would consider it, i just don't prefer them