If you prefer someone a certain size, would you turn a person down who wasn't that size?

Specially speaking if they're SMALLER than you prefer?
This is just mind boggling to me, a woman who has recently lost upwards of 30lbs, to receive this message.

2mo Specifically not specially * good lawd autocorrect

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer thinner girls, and shorter girls - and I recognize that this is my preference and that others have different preferences. This isn't any different than girls liking guys who are tall, or skinny, or muscle-bound, or whatever. It's a preference.

it sounds like this guy is into heavier, probably curvy or BBW girls. He's allowed to have that preference, and she shouldn't take it personally. Instead, she should seek one of the other billion guys who are now going to be MORE attracted to her after having lost 30 pounds.

She should let this ONE guy get her upset. He's just one guy in a world of a billion single guys...

I'm not upset lol I just found it unusual

Obviously, his tastes may be somewhat less mainstream, but that's always going to happen. I've met girls who only date super-tall guys, or only liked guys with beards, or whatever. That's not the average, but those people exist and you'll run into them if you date much.

I just look at it like this: they're doing everyone a favor when they tell you up-front that they have other preferences - that way, you don't waste your time on someone who is never going to be compatible with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess you could say that ideally, I 'prefer' a guy who's taller than me. Not because I need him to protect me or any shit like that (I gym it almost 4-5x/week so I like to think I could hold my own) but mainly because I've always been told guys would never want to be with a girl who's taller than them. That they'd find it 'emasculating' or whatever.

I kind of internalized that and would only consider being attracted to guys who were taller than me until I met my current boyfriend. Who's a bit shorter but right from the get-go, said that he loves that I'm taller. Or the long-legs that come along with the height, to be specific. So... yeah. In being with him, I've come to see that the only people who will turn down someone who they're otherwise pretty damn compatible with are those who allow societal norms to be the third person in their relationship.
    reactiongif.org/.../Whatever-eye-roll-GIF.gif

What Guys Said 28

• That is fucking hilarious. Sorry. That's what I like to call a cosmic joke. Lose 30 pounds in an attempt to become more attractive... guys aren't attracted to you because you're not their preferred, heavier weight. lmao.

I wouldn't go past a certain weight, personally. I've been really into a couple chicks--and we had quite simply amazing chemistry--who were pretty much just barely overweight, but it's my turn off, so I turned them down. I can't deal with fat.

• I have preferences. But my wife did not fit them. Did not slow me down for a moment in realizing she was the woman for me. Preferences are nice, but they do not decide my life.

• The only time I'd reject a woman that is smaller than my preference, is if she's anorexic.
    I like skinny/fit, so anything smaller than that is anorexic. I would also reject a heavier one, like chubby+.

• I'm into thin girls and would probably reject girls heavier than my preference.

BUT,

I have friends who would definitely reject girls that aren't as thick as they like.

• I have a problem when she's clearly overweight, then I'm not physically attracted anymore.

I have a preference for the petite/skinny body type... so smaller is no problem as long as she's healthy. So, if you're a walking skeleton I might turn you down.

• I've never seen that before lmao. Id only turn someone down if they were too thin to be healthy revivingmotherhood.files.wordpress.com/.../runway_model_ana_anamia_proana_skinny_slim_girl_show.jpg

• Well done on weight loss - If I had a preference, I don't think I would come straight out and say it, I would be like "Okay, fate has put us together, no harm and seeing if there is any spark between us"

• Lol that's uh weird and I'd only turn someone down if they were obese and unhealthy or so skinny that it was unhealthy.

• I overall tend to prefer chubbier or thicker girls (i'm terrible with sizes)... but in my opinion if I am into her, I can overlook her being really heavy, or being slim.

• Lol

I mean if I was good looking enough to have options. I'd probably stick to my preference as well

• It depends on how far off they are.

• Yeah, I wouldn't being ignorant with a girl cause I want date a heavier girl
    I would just simply say I think were not compatible for each other or ask
    her if she mind just being friends But in real life i don't date real thin
    females either i like a girl with meat on her bones or I prefer bigger girls.

• Nope
    Unless she's overweight in my dictionary
    Cause then I won't be attracted to her which is important
    You look dope 💁

• Most guys won't but there are some

• Well if I was attracted to them than they would be the size I'm looking for, I think there is something else here.

• nah, im not into fatties.

Then the answer is potentially yes, not no. It has nothing to do with being fat. You can prefer a fit girl a certain size but there could be a girl slimmer than her yet.

Reread the question again. work through it. Come back when you've learned to process words.

Like bigger frame or heavier than what you prefer or smaller frame and skinnier than what you prefer.

Maybe they have more muscle tone / definition than what you usually find attractive

i would only turn them down if they are too fat or if there's bones sticking out everywhere.

• No, I wouldn't turn someone down for that. I'd date whoever

• Not necessarily. It's not a black and white thing

• not necessarily, but then again guys can't be as selective

• Of course not. All that matters to me is if they are a good person and if we get along and have similar interests and goals in life.

• I prefer bigger women (like 200-250 lbs), but I've also dated 110 lb girls who were absolutely amazing. the person maters more than the size in my opinion

• Not typical, but as a man who does NOT appreciate bones sticking out everywhere I can understand. If the person prefers someone heavier, then it's probably for the best.

• uh yea. people are allowed to have preferences

• That's a bit ridiculous
    I am 5'11" 170lbs and I would date a girl who is 150lbs

• No cause they can change

• ah you used to be fat? that explains your attention whoring behaviour haha

• Just call him a fuckboi and find someone better

I'm just gonna leave it at what I said. Unlike dudes who get rejected, I don't find the need to lash out and call names when I'm rejected.

It was a joke... Of course don't actually call him a fuckboi 😏 and most guys that have decency don't lash out when they get rejected

• Chubby chaser.

The thing is... I AM chubby, I'm just not super obese like I was.

@Flurr I assure you I'm actually chubby lol

Well I'll believe you then lol. It's just that some girls (actually most) think they are bigger than what they are. But if for whatever reason you're not what he wants then so be it, right?

What Girls Said 7

• Not unless they were so small or so big that I felt no attraction to them. I have a preference but as long as I still think they're attractive, they can be smaller or bigger.

• Lol as long as it isn't too frail thin

• Nah. I'm open to accepting any size, color, gender <3 If I like your personality, I really don't care what you look like.

• I would only turn them down if they're obese level.

• I have never seen that. Nice weight loss but everyones attracted to different things I guess :(

• I thought this was gonna be another dick question.. lol

• It's their preference. Most guys I know like thin girls