Would you date yourself if you were another person?

Would you find yourself attractive and worthy of dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was another person, he (I) better hope I give him the time of day.

IRL I'm awkward and passive. Get to know me a little; I'm a pretty big nerd, and unashamed of it. If I like someone, I will show interest, put in the time, and pay attention to detail, albeit lacking any directness.

As the other person, I imagine it to be a grueling experience because of how confusing he would be. Getting to know what he's into or not wouldn't be difficult, he's pretty open. But getting to know the real him would be tricky.

e. g. Is he this nice to everyone or just me? Why does he take interest in me but doesn't even ask me out? How do I know if he's just trying to get into my pants?

Reading what I just wrote, I realize that I am what I dislike most about dating in the modern world, plausible deniability. The mindset that unless you come out with it, you could still deny it. I can see the duality in every interaction between two people: intent (of the person doing it) and reception (of the other person). I know that proper communication is key to dispelling any misinterpretations, but I just can't seem to apply it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't swing that way but... would I date a male version of myself?
    Of course. I know I'm not perfect and do have some things to work on in terms of how I handle relationships but I'm aware of that and always look at it as a 'work in progress'. I like to think that I'm pretty selfless and never do things with ill intentions so.. yeah. I think I'd get along pretty well with myself. 👌

What Guys Said 11

• I don't find myself physically attractive but would love to date someone with my personality 😁

• Ya i would date a girl version of me because of the below qualities i like about myself:
    - Always trying to learn something new everyday
    -Willing to improve myself
    - educated
    - Pretty fit and will continue to get better
    - Good job
    - Wants to be a philantrophist and help the world when im older

• I'd date myself in a no-homo kinda way , probably.

• It depends on the kind of other person I was. If I was the kind of other person I'm currently attracted to and I found the current person I am attractive, sure.

• fuck ya, my feedback is stupendous lol

• Good looks,
    Solid car,
    Nice apartment
    Bright future

Yeah why not?
    My sense of humor is a bit corny though

• A girl version of me yes, but i could me less lazy. Think like this you know what you like and dont like so you two can get along.

• Oh, Lord, no...

• yes, but it wouldn't happen because I am too shy

• Nooo, I need someone more masculine (and also female).

• No, but i will date you

What Girls Said 20

• Yes because I would always be faithful, try to work on the problems and Never give up

• Yes I would because I know exactly how I would treat myself and what I want out of a relationship to make me feel loved, wanted and cared about 😍

• Nope. Just ask @legs_n_sheet I'm a huge bitch that should die alone and covered in vermin.

• Pshhhht I would marry myself asap! Lol jk
    Honestly, NO , not now, maybe in a year or 2.

• I'd date me. I'd know I was going to get lucky at some point during the date.

• Probably not because I don't seem like the type to enjoy the things that male me would undoubtedly love. I need to be more open with my likes.

• Yes.

• Fuck no. I wouldn't deal with my eating disorder if I didn't have to.

• In a hot minute! 😉

• Nope

• Yes, totally!

• I don't know how anybody puts up with me and my ADHD.

• yeah id date me

• Yes I would!!

• Ofcourse why not? B-)

• Of course I would. I would know that I'd get a lot of pizza and junk food out of the relationship 😍

• Probably no :(

• Id date the male version of myself:3

• Hell Yes!!

• Of course because I'm awesome 😁