Guys, would you date someone like this?

Guys, would you date a girl who is shy, insecure, smart, sarcastic, and has a pretty face?

And what if she had numerous mental illnesses? Would that turn you away?

Do girls like this even have a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• my friend. I have this kind of question a lot of times. of course a guy would date you. you know me myself , I also have mental illness stuff. but I still got a g/f. if a guy ever tells you that you are a great girl, but that they have to leave you because of your state, then that's how you can tell that that guy is not the right one for you. but you just don't worry, there is a guy for you out there. all you must do is just wait and that guy will find you and you can be happy together. but just you forget that no guy would ever date you because of your state because there are. I hope this helped.

What Guys Said 8

• Everybody has a chance. I would say yes to the first one. The second one is more of a depends. Some things are harder to get through than others. If you go at everything with the mindset that you don't have a chance than you won't. Hell some crazy chicks are hot and fun to be around. Have some confidence.

• A girl being shy? no problem, shyness is something we can learn to overcome it to some degree.

Same with insecurity, cause once you learn what makes you a valuable person, no flaws of yours will make you feel insecure.

Smart and a pretty face are a plus, no comment there. But do try to be modest about it.

Sarcasm can be fun if there are no ill intention.

Mental illness is an iffy one. It depends on the severity of your problem. If it's something controllable, less severe, perhaps like depression, then it's fine. But just get help form a medical/psychological professional.

So all in a nutshell, I don't mind dating someone like that as long as she has other vital qualities that I look for, which you did not list here :)

• All your personality qualities are great. If you're pretty that's great too.

Many mental illnesses aren't bad. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder isn't a big deal, for example. It really just depends what it is you're suffering from. I would imagine many people would be scared by someone diagnosed with Schizophrenia, but even then, there are people who aren't bothered by those sorts of things.

• she has a chance if she drops the sarcasm. guys HATE sarcasm, its like you are paying them out. but the rest, sure.

• shyness = f***ing annoying. I am dating a girl right now we have had sex several times but I am seriously tired of her being shy.

insecurity = also turn off but may be better than too much confidence in some cases because they won't run off and have sex with someone they aren't comfortable with. My girl I'm dating is from Korea she is insanely sexy her legs are fckin bangin and she knows this. people hit on her a lot but for some reason she's still super insecure.

Smart and pretty = good of course.

Mental Disorder? F*CK THAT

• I would date someone like that because I'm the same way minus face part(actually I don't know if I have a nice face)

but those things don't scare me away if they scare people away it means there shallow A**holes

• absolutely. we would marry and many smart, troubled, dysfunctional kids. :)

No seriously, I would.

• This sounds like just about every girl I've ever dated.

What Girls Said 2

• Well that pretty much describes me. I didn't date much in high school, but since then it's been non-stop. So hang in there. Your time will come.

• sure, just depends on the guy. some guys love shy girls and some hate it.