Do only pretty girls have boyfriends?

I have had one serious relationship but that was 6 years ago and have been single since.

I have a bunch of hobbies, I am ok with having lone time that I go to conventions alone and concerts, and made a bunch of great friends in these past 6 years.

I have dated here and there and been close to a relationship 3 times but never worked out for whatever reason.

Is there something wrong with me or with what I am doing? Is being single for 6 years an indicator there is something wrong with me? Maybe im not great looking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to work at Walmart, so whenever management was nice enough to schedule me to work I saw dozens of unattractive people, men and women, with significant others. In fact, it boosted my confidence because while I'm not the most attractive dude on the planet, at least I did not look like some of them.

I personally think that there's something everybody can do to make themselves more appealing if they wanted to. Going to a gym and exercising, styling your hair, shaving. . . or if you like the mustache, buy some mustache wax and give it a nice style. When I started styling my hair and wearing deodorant, I noticed more women glancing my direction than before when I just didn't care so much about my appearance. Even if they weren't looking directly at me, at least they weren't turning their heads to get away from me.

Putting in the effort always gets you some results in my experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• First all if that's you in your profile picture, you are good looking. Second there is a mate for everyone out there. What might be ugly to you might be beautiful to another man which is why you see woman you might perceive as being ugly. There is someone out there for you. Just make sure you are not focusing on just physical beauty. What makes a woman truly beautiful is who she is. Of course you have to have some attraction but there could be someone you wouldn't look twice at that will be the one that makes you the happiest. Women like a man to really listen and understand where she is coming from. They like a man that can be funny and make them feel beautiful. Really pay attention to her and be 100% yourself. One more thing. In order to make it work you have to be able to learn and grow with her. Both of you will have to change in some way to make each other happy. Compromise but still be true to yourself. You are lovable I promise. :)

What Guys Said 14

• No ugly mean terrible women also have boyfreinds and get married. It is more about you finding a guy that your compatable with and that likes you. Sometimes that search takes years and sometimes some people find someone in a few months of looking.

and sometimes u don't even have to look

you said that sometimes the search takes years and sometimes only months. So I just said that you can find what you are looking for without searching. Sometimes it is actually better not to search at all...

True sometimes it can happen when your not really looking but then your usually just waiting around with the same crowd. Unless you get really lucky and run into a guy it might not happen.

• the problem usually is, girls always expect guys to do everything, especially approach, and "love" doesn't only work that way. plus girls tend to fall for players aka alpha males, bad boys and jerks and not go for the nice guys. plus most "pretty" girls dont want guys in the first place. and guys know that so we leave them alone and wait to be chosen. because its always up to the girl to choose, even if a guy approaches.

• No.
    Take a look at celebrity husbands and wives. Be prepared for a real shocker.

Would I date a heavy set woman that was a tugboat captain? She may not be a centerfold, but probably the most beautiful person in the world to me. So yes, I would consider it.

Just my opinion

• Nah. There's plenty of ugly and fat chicks with boyfriends. I've boned my share of fuglies. Itf you have no boyfriend, you are probably not seen as approachable. Or you seem too desperate. You've just recently hit The Wall, so guys may see you as looking to latch onto a wallet.

• No, ugly girls get ugly guys

• Well I don't know... are you even looking?

• Well they certainly get approached a lot more

• well i dont think its a rule to be beautiful
    for example my friend is really handsome but he is dating with a girl which is so ugly
    he is happy with her and they dont about what people think of them
    bc its about feelings not something else

• Looks are a small part of attraction... intelligence, personality, and a sense of humor play a part also.
    Studies have found very attractive women have more difficulty because men are hesitant to approach them.

• No it's not just pretty girls. To be blunt there is an audience for every body type.

• There is clearly something wrong with you. You are a women. It would be weird if you didn't have issues.

• At 31 you already know the answer. Of COURSE there is nothing wrong with you. However I'm sensing that a part of you is liking your independence (takes one to know one) so maybe your approach to dating is different.

Im actually a lot younger then 31 LOL I made this account years ago and now I can't change back my age

and your totally right, Im loving my independence

• Only you would know that, i was single for 5 years one time and now single again, but it just depends if you are ready and put yourself out there

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• No, keep in mind that "pretty" isn't always the same for everyone. There are many people who've been single and in your eyes they're "pretty" and others not. I don't know why exactly you haven't, but the more you look for it the more unhappy you will be, I understand 6 years to you is quite a while but it will happen.

• I'd say yes because to the persn they're dating they're (most probably!) gorgeous. Beauty is subjective.

And the reason you're single could be something else entirely, maybe you just act odd, don't come off the right way,

I think when you truly want one and are ready and act the right way, things will work out.

• I'm hella average looking and I've been in a relationship for three years. Everyone is beautiful to someone (:

• Nah, I'm ugly af and have a boyfriend. He's ugly too but I digress.

• ahaha no

• That's silly, I've seen the most hideous vile creatures of women in loving relationships.