Girls what do you think of a guy taking you to a book store and buying you a book of your choice? What are your thoughts about a book date?

Would you consider that him trying to buy you or would you think of it like him taking you to the movies and paying for it?
What are your thoughts on a book date? Take into account that she is the book worm not me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would def be happy!! This is the kind of date that I want!! 😘😘😘

Most Helpful Guy

• That's kinda weird. You can't have a private conversation and if you do, you'll have to whisper.

Some what true. Although when ever I have been in the book store no one is really quiet. Unlike a library. But that might just be because of our different location cultures. But that is true that it won't be a private conversation.

What Girls Said 5

• That's really cute. There's more talking and getting to know the other person than at a movie. I can't imagine any bookworm who wouldn't like that.

Thanks I'm glad that you like the idea. I'm also kind of surprised that this question got this much attention.

• olala, a free book sounds great since I have literally over 35 books in my amazon cart.

Book date sounds interesting but we would have to be comfortable for that to not be awkward since I imagine it would be just us in a book store or somewhere with books, and caramel frappe

True two people would have to know each other a bit before. However it is less awkward than a first date at a restaurant. With nothing to do but talk with each other.

agreed

• Its really nice, but not much of a date... its more of a romantic gesture. I would really appreciate it. Yeah, its like going to the movies

• WOAH! That's such a great idea. Its not very typical these days. I think it would be sweet and considerate of you to that. KUDOS! :) Goodluck.

Thanks Saber I'm glad that you like it. Which do you think would be better for a 3rd date a book store or a library? They are both across the street from each other but I would like to try and make the 2 different dates.

@Dim_121 I'd say a book store date 😄

• You have a good thought there, but it would be weird to get a gift on a first date. I think you should try to go when the store has an event like an author appearance. A big bookstore usually will have events like that pretty often. That will give more substance to your date, because otherwise there's only so much time you can spend at a bookstore.

Maybe but honestly nothing like that really ever happens at our book store. I'd be luckier in waiting for an event to happen at our library.

Ah too bad, maybe those events aren't as common outside of a big city. I think you have a good idea and she will like that you're trying to do something that is related to her interests, just try to combine it with something else casual like dessert or a coffee shop.

Alright

What Guys Said 1

• I love books and yeah it's different but good to those who love books as well