I'm worried my boyfriend will always have feelings for his girl best mate?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years now however he has a girl best mate, they've been friends for about 10 years. She is pretty and they see each other every few months. I've asked him about her and he reassures me they are just friends and that he did used to find her attractive and he's seen her nude but they have never done anything when given the chance before we got together and he loves her as a friend. And she's not his type now she is too reckless and muscles apparently. He said he wants to be with me forever and we're saving for a house. And when questioned he said he loves her as a mate but he loves me more as a partner for life. I guess I'm just worried that deep down he still thinks she's attractive and wants to have sex with her lol, I don't know if he fancied her when they were younger and she turned him down? But it bugs me that he could find her attractive. They are quite close when we see her, he'll hug her etc I want to get rid of her and that sounds jealous bit whenever she's around I feel uneasy. Also she has slept with most of his mates does that make a difference?

What Guys Said 1

• I have a few female friends that I consider some of my best friends. I'm happily married and when I first started dating my wife I made it clear what my friendship with these women was. I've seen a few nude, but in non-sexual situations like a sauna or changing- where I would see my male friends nude too. I am not going to cheat on my wife with any of them (or anyone else for that matter). They are my friends. Doing that would jepordize my relationship with my wife and my friendship with them, both of which are important to me.

What Girls Said 2

• This doesn't sound balanced... do you have a guy bff? If no, this sounds like there could be a pattern developing...

• You should tell him