Should a girl ever ask a guy on a date?

Okay so my best friend (yes it really is my friend not me πŸ˜‚ I already have a bf) really likes this guy that she has known for years. And he likes her back, he's actually liked her since they met. But not until recently has she admitted that she likes him too. The thing is he's never had a girlfriend and she's had 2-3 boyfriends, but he gets really really nervous around her. And more than one person has told him to ask her out already. I'm just tired of watching them mess around πŸ˜‚ I don't know if I should just tell my friend to go for it herself and ask him out instead; but she really wants him to ask her in person. I want her to be happy, and literally nothing is keeping them from dating except they're both nervous. Thoughts or ideas if I should get involved and give them a little nudge? β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Guy

• you know what, go on a double date, invite both these people on a date with you and your boyfriend. so both of them are together without actually having to ask anyone on a date.

I would 😭 but I'm in a long distance relationship so I don't get to see my own boyfriend often

well go just on a date with them anyway just tell them you want to casually hang out with them or something. it will be alright.

I'll try 😂 Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not, guys go through the same anxious moments that girls do when they ask them out so being nervous about asking a guy out is pretty normal. It sounds as if the attraction is mutual, what's she got to lose? Tell her just do it, if she doesn't she'll regret it later.

What Guys Said 17

• If he is nvervous i doubt he will but would likely be very happy if she did. Women love to push this ''If he doesn't ask you out he isn't worthy/the right one''... sure if you say so... tell her to go ask him out... he won't say no.

• Just tell your friend to ask. He's not gonna do it. He's probably super nervous too. She should just go for it or drop a million hints. She can tell him there is a movie she really wants to go see. Or say she would like to go eat at a certain restaurant. If that doesn't work then she should just ask him. Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• Well 'your friend' definitely should. Girls should always ask guys out, esp since they are generally more picky about certain qualities.
    If she's always known, she should say something, especially if he's shy as fuck. He's obviously never going to do it, so it's either she does or nothing happens.

It is my friend! 😂 but yah, the thing is he does know she likes him. I'm just tempted to give them a little "nudge" 😁

Yeah If the guy is shy she might have to 'man up' potentially in the entire relationship haha. I dunno if both people know the other person likes them... Why is it THIS hard.

• Another day, another girl on GaG asking if it's okay to ask out a guy...

Sigh... yes, of course it's okay, why would you even think it's not? Do Cosmo and dumb mothers these days still tell their daughters guys don't like it when a girl makes the first move?

I guess I phrased the question wrong, my bad. My real question was at the end of the post; should I do anything about it or not lol.

I see, well you could drop hints to both of them about the other. Or you could talk to your friend and agree to have some deadline for her to ask him out and if she doesn't do it by then you will tell him.

• its better that the girl asks, most guys won't anyways due to how common rejection is for guys and not for girls

• I don't see anything wrong with that , it just shows she's got initiative.
    If a woman asked me out I wouldn't say no

That's kinda what I think, but I also understand her point of view. Plus she thinks she would get to nervous too😂

Pee shy , lol.
      I understand someone getting pee shy

• If she knows she likes him and she knows he likes her, then I don't see why she is waiting for him. She can either make a move or stand by. Never put your feelings in someone else's hands

• Yeah sure why not

• Yes, why not?

Seriously.

• In past times it was protocol for the man to ask a girl out but those days are gone now. She should just casually ask him if he'd like to go out sometime and I feel certain from what info you rovided his answer will be yes.

• I think it should make the whole world better if some girls started to ask guys out. Why is iy always the guy who need to face that the girls who he asks out can turn him down. Its a huge risk.

• Yes if you genuinely have feelings for the guy and he's givin signals even if subtle he may feel the same way but just be to shy to ask

• She should ask him out. Tell her to get over it. Give it a nudge.

• Yes, i like when women ask me to go on a date

• ya more should

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• It's totally fine for the girl to ask. Since they both like each other, there's nothing for her to be afraid of.

• yeah why the hell not? :-)

• If she wan'ts to go on a date and he hasn't asked her what else would she do? I really don't understand this taboo

totally agree. How many times to do we see these kind of questions here where they are depressed cause they dont have anyone and they refuse to take the initiative? I think an aggressive woman is a hot one, personally.

• Totally!

• Never get involved. Let them figure it themselves like adults.